Ziggy's Corner Planter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tossed the plants that have it on them. No loss there. The gravel has been scooped out.

I have Flourish Excel is that what you are talking about for spot treatment?? H2O2 as well or one or the other? I'm ready to deal but want all guns blazing!!!

I do not know those fish..

They are great fish, true siamese algae eaters. Can be hard to find, but I think Marcie and Len have some in stock right now. The key is getting TRUE SAEs. There are several look alikes that do NOT eat BBA, and get very aggressive with age.

Either Excel or H2O2, no need for both. They will both kill it when it is applied directly to the affected areas.

Edit: yes, seachem excel

Last edited:
They are great fish, true siamese algae eaters. Can be hard to find, but I think Marcie and Len have some in stock right now. The key is getting TRUE SAEs. There are several look alikes that do NOT eat BBA, and get very aggressive with age.

Either Excel or H2O2, no need for both. They will both kill it when it is applied directly to the affected areas.

Edit: yes, seachem excel

Cool!

Thanks for the tip and I will find the fish! If you talk to Marcie or Len let them know I need!!

Changing my photoperiod to 4/4/4 REALLY helped my BBA problems... just a suggestion ;)

Oh, and spot treating almost daily with H2O2 until it was gone.

Worth a try for sure. I have never experimented with split photoperiods but I know you have had a lot of success.

The Flourish Excel is doing a good job of killing the stuff off. The tank needs more plants to offset the CO2 and the ferts so I'm working on that too.

Here are a couple pics of what it looks like though.

003sfp.jpg

002qns.jpg

001jve.jpg

The tank is looking better every day. I finally got the other piece of DW to sink and it is in. It looks so white compared to the other wood in the tank but I'm sure it will age nicely.

Here are a few pics taken this evening...

007xzi.jpg

006sty.jpg

005hlv.jpg

003yxy.jpg

002dkf.jpg

001wex.jpg

Wow, those Angels are amazing. It's tanks like yours that makes me rethink my SW venture...

Thanks!

It's coming along. Today the water is crystal clear so I think things are getting back in balance. I was having some issues with cloudy water but they are getting solved. The new DW tipped over and is laying down somewhat, looks pretty cool that way and I may just leave it.

Time will tell.

The BBA is diminishing but I'm treating daily and getting out what I can get a hold of. My TSAE are doing the job I need more.

Here are a few updated shots of the tank taken today. It's time for the filter media to be changed out in the canister I believe. Also I want to get the goop that is on the glass scrapped off. (along the substrate) Aside from that the tank is doing well. The plants are going nuts and the HC is growing in nicely making for a great little carpet!! I want to get some plants growing on the DW not sure what yet but that's coming. I'm still looking for a nice something to go on the left side of the tank behind the newest DW maybe a lace or something. Not sure...anyway here are the pics...:

012lc.jpg

011uj.jpg

010jua.jpg

008rhi.jpg

007roh.jpg

006hnk.jpg

005prh.jpg

004otx.jpg

Love to hear some feedback~!

Looks great. Why are you changing filter media? Whats in there?

I didn't mean change as in use something different I mean replace as it is now 4 months old and isn't doing the job anymore...the filter needs to be cleand out. I do not believe in heavy filtration and have never run such on any of my systems. Filter floss (several pads) and a bag of carbon is about it for filtration...I let the tank do the work rather than the filter. Plus I do PWCs at minimum once a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom