Zoa Addicts Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is your guys take on buying one polyp? I've never purchased a frag with just on head so I'm wondering if the success rate is still high with just one poly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

From a lfs yeah they do fine, shipped they can be hit or miss, IME they do much better with 3-4 polyps handling the shipping.

I've never done one, but have heard that they tend to take longer to multiply. I totally agree that 3-4 (or more) is the way to go, if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've gotten a bunch of 2 polyp frags which do fine but yeah I try to stay pretty far away from 1 polyp frags. They just tend to melt...

Hey Todd does your connection have nuke greens? If I can't find them at the frag swap coming up I may be looking to you lol

Thanks. I'm glad I didnt place the order then. 3-4 can really bump up the price. I'll choose wisely

What were you planning on getting? Some places/people ask ridiculously stupid high prices per polyp for "rare" morphs. If you feel it's worth that much feel free but is look elsewhere to find it cheaper :).

Man I wish they had stuff like that for a fresh water tank. Those are absolutely beautiful.

Hey Todd does your connection have nuke greens? If I can't find them at the frag swap coming up I may be looking to you lol

Let me know if you don't find them. He is literally getting stuff almost daily and selling daily, so stock rotates all the time. He will soon be getting seed frags in mass quantities, so eventually, there will be very little that he will not have.

He is also supposed to have a website up soon. His goal is to beat everyone's prices.

It is very interesting to see the "wholesale" prices between these places versus what some sell for retail. I saw a single polyp of one zoa yesterday online for $100 and he got two for less than half that.

What were you planning on getting? Some places/people ask ridiculously stupid high prices per polyp for "rare" morphs. If you feel it's worth that much feel free but is look elsewhere to find it cheaper :).

Gold dust, fruit loops, god of rath. And another one I cant remember the name of, green skirt purple interior with yellow specks

I got these yesterday from my lfs just so they would ran my card for my water purchase. They were only $8. I love my lfs

Attachments

• 1408671090472.jpg
    1408671090472.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 1408671103418.jpg
    1408671103418.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 150
Black Deaths (in the bag, natural sunlight)...will be interesting to see when he gets them under some blues...

Black Deaths (in the bag, natural sunlight)...will be interesting to see when he gets them under some blues...

That's amazing. I don't think I even want to know what those cost. Can't wait to see more.

He got the two polyp originally ($90) and when he went to pick them up yesterday, he got the single polyp ($60as well, so the four is all that's left. These are the updated pics Reef Lounge took. I'm sure much better than I will get when it go look. :)

He has a combo auction up on eBay now for the single polyp, a Hyper Phoenix and an Utter Chaos.

Went to a guy from Craigslist today who had a lot of different polys and zoas. I forget the names of these already, I even said let me write that down before I go and then didn't because we were talking too much. They are still opening, anyone know what these may be? First is lime green center and pale pink skirt & second is deeper pink/purple with speckled green lashes. Last is a pic of the zoa garden beginnings. I love everyone's pics, can't wait until mine grow together like you guys and gals'!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408924534.870043.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408924556.179083.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408924570.812351.jpg

Nice zoas Sand Dollar! I have no clue on the id but they're awesome looking. Here's the best shot I got of my purple death protopalys (need to color up a bit lol)
kd98uhX.jpg

I got a bunch of goodies coming tomorrow from a nice lady from nanoreef. I will get some pictures whenever they open. I'm think I'm getting some rastas, but the rest is going to be a surprise.

And nice spidermans bribo! They are stunning in person.

Back
Top Bottom