African cichlid species?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MbunaMike

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is the guy?

Attachments

• image-2027468898.jpg
    image-2027468898.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 118
Nevermind I looked it up 10inch....he will be going back ASAP

garfy said:
Looks more like a Livingstoni to me

Yes it is I researched it now....they way it plays dead to eat is nice to see buy I'm a mbuna guy he has to go

What about this guy? Black white spots

Attachments

• image-1265947662.jpg
    image-1265947662.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 82
Never again will I purchase from the LFS....I'm new to Africans

It's a livingstoni.. My venustus was different coloured to that when he was a juvi

Womble1234 said:
It's a livingstoni.. My venustus was different coloured to that when he was a juvi

Correct it's a Livingstoni, a Venustus of that size would not be displaying that coloring.

The other fish is a Tropheous yes but a Duboisi hard to tell, since tropheous are all the black with white spots until they begin to mature.

Mogurako said:
Correct it's a Livingstoni, a Venustus of that size would not be displaying that coloring.

The other fish is a Tropheous yes but a Duboisi hard to tell, since tropheous are all the black with white spots until they begin to mature.

And nether is of the mbuna species...as I specifically asked my LFS for....thanks for the info

A pain when lfs doesn't know what their talking about. I don't know about others, but I have kept my one Hap (venustus) with my mbuna tank very happily she is second in command in my tank next to male Kenya. And yes yours looks like a livingstoni.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120402_172158.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120402_172158.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom