Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The other looks the same. I only like the zebra / 3-4 band scalar type. Looks more natural like altums. Typically, one will stay near the eggs and fan them to keep them clean from algae while the other goes into "attack" mode and chases the others away. They get nasty too. They breed in my tank like 2-4 times a month. Usually the eggs get eaten by morning. Ive found their parenting skills are better than mine, as far as taking the eggs out and trying to hatch them on my own.

Can any one even guess male or female?? These 2 have been "showing off" to each other for awhile now... Not sure if they r breeding or if they r 2 males fighting 4 the female?

Angels are hard to sex. You have to wait until they start breeding to determine which is which.

sometimes the male will have a dominat hump above his eyes and the female will be smoother forhead

when angels pick a mate they will become agressive to any fish that will eat there eggs or fry. better to have angels breed by them self. plecos and snails will also eat them. cory doras will work fine with them and help clean the bottom.

Back to the angels I've heard of the cases where 2 females and 1 male pair up and u get like twice as mush eggs! This might be my case bc all of the angels are showing off to all the other angels!

Back
Top Bottom