Best Budget LEDs for Cichlids..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow guys thanks for all the replies, my only concern now is still the center support, right now with t5 I have a dead space in the center with the regular hoods, can I remove the support? Or will it bow..?

Wow guys thanks for all the replies, my only concern now is still the center support, right now with t5 I have a dead space in the center with the regular hoods, can I remove the support? Or will it bow..?

Leave the center brace intact. DO NOT remove it. I have the center brace and my T5 fixture just lays across the top of the tank. It has little legs that sit on each side.

Leave the center brace intact. DO NOT remove it. I have the center brace and my T5 fixture just lays across the top of the tank. It has little legs that sit on each side.

no i wont remove it, ive seen bowed tanks go, and its ugly. so how do i get around the dead space of the support..?

no i wont remove it, ive seen bowed tanks go, and its ugly. so how do i get around the dead space of the support..?

I've seen some people use a little LED strip on the center brace to get rid of it and it works. It's just a few white or blue LED's maybe 3-4 and your done. Some use the brand TruLumen but in sure there's cheaper routes to go. Hope this helps.

I've seen some people use a little LED strip on the center brace to get rid of it and it works. It's just a few white or blue LED's maybe 3-4 and your done. Some use the brand TruLumen but in sure there's cheaper routes to go. Hope this helps.

**** will ill try to get that done then, im going to go with the 48" led bar and ill try to use a little white strip to eliminate it, anyone else wanna chime in on the support brace dead space subject..?

Oh he attached a video to the satellite led

If your referring to me I attached the video so he can see a LED fixture which I think is pretty cool "even" though I run T5's doesn't mean I don't have knowledge or info on LED's not sure what or where the confusion is coming from...

I have a divider brace down middle of my 72 gallon and its about 3 inches wide. No hint of uneven light coverage with 48 inch LED strip on top

I have a divider brace down middle of my 72 gallon and its about 3 inches wide. No hint of uneven light coverage with 48 inch LED strip on top

Same here, 3 inch divider, marineland double bright led. Can't tell at all there is a divider, light is distributed evenly.

If your referring to me I attached the video so he can see a LED fixture which I think is pretty cool "even" though I run T5's doesn't mean I don't have knowledge or info on LED's not sure what or where the confusion is coming from...

I didnt know what a T5 was just started this whole adventure last month.

my husband made this for his cichlid tank and also one for my planted tank I think he only spent lile 30 dollars on it.

. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/diy-led-lights-256891.html

Yes I did for 2 tanks and had enough left over to make a nightlight in the kitchen. I only needed night lights for the yr ank so I just ordered the blue ones if you want more options you can order the RGB strips also I only got the 3728 ones if you want brighter light go with the 5050 led strips also the RGB ones you can buy connectors for and don't have to do any soldering at all.

well guys ill be posting a DIY on my 30gal breeder in my bedroom soon, if i like the color on it ill have my problem solved, stay tuned guys.

Back
Top Bottom