Frontosa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lady_Alia said:
I LOVE MY FRONTOSAS!!!! Heck, i love em so much that I've got a tank dedicated to them.

That said, they shouldn't be in with your mbuna. I was also told they could be mixed but after learning about them I put them in a different tank. For starters, males can reach up to 16".

Good luck catching them, they are fast as lightening!!! One second you see em and the next you don't lol.

Fast huh? Not what I wanted to hear :( of I have to breakdown my tank again I think I'm gonna have breakdown.

Convict2161 said:
Fast huh? Not what I wanted to hear :( of I have to breakdown my tank again I think I'm gonna have breakdown.

It's not urgent that you get them out, as you've read, some people keep frontosas and mbuna together. Leave em in there till the next time you take your tank apart and catch them then. The only problem with keeping them though is that you'll fall in love with them!!! lol They're awesome fish.

I LUVINS MY FRONTOSAS!!!!!

Oh, and you can sell em. Around here an inch long frontosa regularly goes for $20-$25.

Con, check HN1 or severum's sigs.. there's instruction on fish shipping! if thats something you really want to do.

Here's a pic of a few of my fronts, for comparison...if they really are fronts, they will def need to be moved :( but like op have said, its really not THAT urgent...just next time you break down your tank, I know you probably don't want to do it again!!! Lol

imagejpeg_2_13.jpg

kelbaker79 said:
Here's a pic of a few of my fronts, for comparison...if they really are fronts, they will def need to be moved :( but like op have said, its really not THAT urgent...just next time you break down your tank, I know you probably don't want to do it again!!! Lol

Oh man those are beautiful!!! WOW!! I might keep mine an just get another tank when I do breakdown my tank next time. The only problem is I don't have room for another big tank. I could probably talk the wife into setting back up a 55 BF I already have in storage,filters,heaters and all!

I mean could they not be?! Looks like them. I did notice some yellow on the smaller one.

Convict2161 said:
Oh man those are beautiful!!! WOW!! I might keep mine an just get another tank when I do breakdown my tank next time. The only problem is I don't have room for another big tank. I could probably talk the wife into setting back up a 55 BF I already have in storage,filters,heaters and all!

I mean could they not be?! Looks like them. I did notice some yellow on the smaller one.

Thanks Con, I love them!!!

Umm, im not sure? It looks like they could be, but I'm not really sure about the yellow?? I've never seen anything like that on any of mine?

I think a 55 gallon would be ok until they got a little bigger, but I think 80-90 gallons per Frontosa is best, thats just mo though :)

kelbaker79 said:
Thanks Con, I love them!!!

Umm, im not sure? It looks like they could be, but I'm not really sure about the yellow?? I've never seen anything like that on any of mine?

I think a 55 gallon would be ok until they got a little bigger, but I think 80-90 gallons per Frontosa is best, thats just mo though :)

Yeah man no problem I love the pic and your tank looks awesome!! Yea I won't be able to swing another big tank :(

But yeah one(the smaller one) has yellow on the belly starting to show.

kelbaker79 said:
Here's a better picture...

I've said before and I'm saying it again....

There's NOTHING quite as beautiful as a tank filled with frontosa!

Have you checked out my frontosa photo album?

Your tank is gorgeous!!!

Lady_Alia said:

Your tank is gorgeous!!!

PM sent. :)

Lady_Alia said:

Your tank is gorgeous!!!

Thank you!!

And no, I haven't :( I'm using the app on my cell phone and I can't figure out how to see anyone's profile photos from here!!

When I get to my laptop ill make sure to check them out!

Back
Top Bottom