Frontosa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joel618 said:
Lol sorry. Will stay on topic. You still planning on removing them?

Yes but not right away. I need to plan this out as far as breaking down my tank again and what I'm going to do with them. I have a 55 so I may keep them in there for the time being or just net them and bring them to a friend who has plenty of room. I wouldn't say it's URGENT they be removed right away and with the holiday coming and I just did a re home of 4 last week I don't wanna stress the fish out anymore right now. After the breakdown and chasing fish all over the place in my 75 and setting the tank back up doing a water change I lost another fish 2 days later. Maybe I stressed him. I dunno but for now I'm gonna hold off just a little while.

When I first got into fish about 4-5 years ago I got every African cichlid I saw, or so it seemed. I found with most that they were high strung and hyper, not to mention aggressive. Through all of that I had one small Burundi frontosa that was awesome, I got more frontosa and thinned out the rest of the fish and from then on I was hooked. I ended up selling all my other fish and kept only frontosa and calvus. Shortly after that I sold all my aquariums and fish for some stupid reason. About a year ago I was given a fish tank and I knew I had to get frontosa again. The rest is history, I keep mine in a 55g for now as they are still small but will be upgrading in the next few months.

kdpuffer said:
When I first got into fish about 4-5 years ago I got every African cichlid I saw, or so it seemed. I found with most that they were high strung and hyper, not to mention aggressive. Through all of that I had one small Burundi frontosa that was awesome, I got more frontosa and thinned out the rest of the fish and from then on I was hooked. I ended up selling all my other fish and kept only frontosa and calvus. Shortly after that I sold all my aquariums and fish for some stupid reason. About a year ago I was given a fish tank and I knew I had to get frontosa again. The rest is history, I keep mine in a 55g for now as they are still small but will be upgrading in the next few months.

Hehehe it starts with one!

I was at my lfs and they said "of course it'll go in with your fish, no problem!" So in a tank of super active aggressive mbuna I had one lone frontosa just chillin.
Love love loved him!! Named him QT, get it? hehehe
Anyway, I researched, moved it to its own tank...one turned to two, two turned into 12!
My point, I think you'd LOVE having a frontosa tank!

And since everyone else is adding pics, here's mine...

Attachments

• image-3192290126.jpg
    image-3192290126.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 72
Lady_Alia said:
And since everyone else is adding pics, here's mine...

Awesome picture!! That's it. I'm gonna have to talk to the wife! I'll keep the 2 in my 55 bow front I have in storage for now. But not doing anything until after the holidays or maybe even later then that. I wanna keep them! :)

I'd add pics but if I add anymore pics I mine as well just take pictures of my entire apt,you pretty much have pictures of all my fish :)

EDIT:

Will he do well with my frontosa? lol

View attachment 66489

View attachment 66490

Last edited:
photo.php

Convict2161 said:
Awesome picture!! That's it. I'm gonna have to talk to the wife! I'll keep the 2 in my 55 bow front I have in storage for now. But not doing anything until after the holidays or maybe even later then that. I wanna keep them! :)

I'd add pics but if I add anymore pics I mine as well just take pictures of my entire apt,you pretty much have pictures of all my fish :)

EDIT:

Will he do well with my frontosa? lol

Mine seems to enjoy the show...

Attachments

• image-935040335.jpg
    image-935040335.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 64
When I had my old tank my dog would always be right there watching the fish, it was face level for her. I had to clean nose prints off it daily.

Back
Top Bottom