How many Africans an go in a 55g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EBenns

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have a 55 gallon tank with 11 cichlids already in there, but I wanted to move the 4 from my smaller tank into the 55 gallon would it be to crowded? Would they fight? Any advice would be great, thanks!

what species are each of them in the 55? what species in the smaller tank?
In the smaller tank there is a bumblebee a jewel an acei and one convict, I forgot to mention him but he's very calm and would still be the only one after the switch. In the big tank there is 1 bumblebee 1 acei 1 jewel 2 peacocks 2 kenyi 1 electric yellow 2 auratus and 1 I'm not quite sure of.

how big are the fish now? it should work out, but you will have to rearrange everything in the tank to let them establish new territories. how big are the kenyis and do you know their sex? they are extremely aggressive and will probably beat up everything in your tank when they are mature. you will definitely have to watch them all, for new signs of aggression

how big are the fish now? it should work out, but you will have to rearrange everything in the tank to let them establish new territories. how big are the kenyis and do you know their sex? they are extremely aggressive and will probably beat up everything in your tank when they are mature. you will definitely have to watch them all, for new signs of aggression
The fish in the smaller tank are full grown. The fish in the bigger tank aren't quite there yet most of them are about 3 inches but the one kenyi is the smallest in the tank at about 1.5 - 2 inches and the other is one of the biggest in the tank at about 3.5 - 4 inches. Unfortunately I don't know their sex but I have yet to see any aggression.

Why not? Can you not have two in the same tank? I'm somewhat new to cichlids.

Aceis are very active swimmers, they should be in a six foot tank, but definitely no smaller than a 75 gallon. Also bumble bees can grow to be very large, and can be pretty nasty.

Back
Top Bottom