How many cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With you having the lombardoi, if your only going to have 12 to 15 i guarantee anything u add in there is going to have issues. I don't agree with the common rule of 'cramming/overstiocking malawi's' together as its not the best environment for the fish. So if your going to add to your tank, you will need to add in bulks, at least 6 fish so they are not targeted n picked on.(y)

Even with 12-15 that is still allot of fish, I don't think that range of fish will have any issues. Once all the rock work is in that tank would look quite full even with 8-10 fish. I think some people have unrealistic expectations for that particular foot print can actually accommodate. That's why you need to provide each male with enough females to occupy his time. Also research needs to be done to ensure that the stock you put in has similar temperament.

With the species he has, yeah 12 to 15 will be fine. Although Imo if he does have aggression issues when adding new fish his tank can easily accommodate 20 adult mbuna, the only species that's the problem are the acei, they will get too large for a 60G What is the footprint of your 60G 48"x18"x16"??

60 gallons I believe are 48x16x18, I think with enough rock work and the more docile species he won't have to overstock as much. I'd still be concerned with too large of a bio-load with 20 fish especially if you take into consideration you'll potentially lose 10-15 gallons + between substrate and decor.

Yea Acei are to big and active for a 60.

60 gallons I believe are 48x16x18, I think with enough rock work and the more docile species he won't have to overstock as much. I'd still be concerned with too large of a bio-load with 20 fish especially if you take into consideration you'll potentially lose 10-15 gallons + between substrate and decor.

Yea Acei are to big and active for a 60.

That's the only problem with mbuna set-ups is the rock work does displace a lot of water. There is nothing out there either that defeats the problem of displacing the water. Have you seen the back to nature modules ? Look awesome but they are pretty expensive and they displace a lot of water to :(.

Thats exactly why my stocking suggestions tend to be on the lighter side. The only way around the water displacement is a sump/wet dry set up.

"he" is actually a SHE :) lol
I haven't got my tank yet in picking it up Sunday
It's a bow front... N I only have one acei right? The yellow fin one w blue body?

J19Reynolds said:
"he" is actually a SHE :) lol
I haven't got my tank yet in picking it up Sunday
It's a bow front... N I only have one acei right? The yellow fin one w blue body?

Oops my bad! Is the bow front at least 4' wide?!

Back
Top Bottom