New angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColtenB

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so im finally at the point where i can get fish into my tank it's been going for like a month now er around in there..anyway i put 2 angels in there last night the size of a quarter it's a 55gal i'm trying to think of other things to put in there as tank mates..i was thinking emerald corys and a pleco but what else all ideas are welcomed lol Thanks Colten:cool:

ok so i'm down to 1 i bought them from petsmart yesterday my tank is at like 77 degree i checked amonia it was fine what the heck first time with angels could i get some ideas what could be wrong the one that died didn't really swim around much once he got into my tank the other one swims around way more what did i do?

Ok, so what do you mean by "fine" for the ammonia? "Fine" isn't a reading, sorry to say. Did you have it tested at the store?

We need exact readings for ammonia, nitrItes and nitrAtes. pH too if you have the tester.

Also, how long did you acclimate them to the tank?

like a month and it read in green witch is good the stuff i have don't give me numbers just colors..this is my first time doing anything super tropical so please don't put to much pressure here..also with ammonia fish go to the top corners with in the tank correct me if i'm wrong...and could it be possible that something was wrong with it when i got it because the other one knock on wood seems just fine..

The angelfish was probably sick at the store and died when you got him home. You most likely did nothing to hurt it, it was already a goner.

No pressure... just an innocent question. Do you know about the nitrogen cycle? If not, no worries... we can bring you up to speed quick. An understanding of it can make the difference between months of stress, dead fish, and expensive waste (been there, done that) and a lovely healthy aquarium.

Check this out if you think it might be pertinent to you. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...-but-i-already-have-fish-what-now-116287.html

Back
Top Bottom