Uaru updates!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree but I think Uaru are harder on plants than severums.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some giant anubias zip tied on would look pretty sweeeeeet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks everyone!

The tree stump was found by a river and I cut it to size using a hand saw and hammer lol I lack good tools here. It took me about 2-3 hours to cut it and get it into the tank.

Uaru are HORRIBLE with plants. They are yet to bug some anubias nana in there or some tiny Java ferns. I wanna try lily pads to create some cover, add some color, and make it unique

I'm open to donations of anubias as I'm starting to become a bit tapped out on funds lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yup. I paid $25 each for mine so that's a pretty solid deal, although I know when I lived in Michigan, they were always of poor stock

She has has these for awhile now, probably 6 weeks or more. I wouldn't think they're bad stock. She generally has nice stock

Jesse

I got them from a fish store near Baltimore.

They probably aren't. I'm just saying I had a lot of bad luck with them back home

The current stock list is:
6 uaru amphiacanthoides
1 crencichla regani (his mate wouldn't eat anything, withered away into nothing :/ )
24 Lemon tetra
13 Sterbai Cory
1 porthole catfish
2 apisto borelli (just added them)
2 bristlenose plecos
1 vampire pleco

The tank looks great!! Do you have any idea what kind of tree that is? I've used a few in the past that started to rot extremely quick. Which is why I only use manzanita now.

I'm not sure, I found it along a local river, and it had gotten pushed down from recent flooding. All the bark was stripped and it appears to be holding up well so far, and has finally sank

So I looked more into the apistos I picked up and I knew they looked off for borelli. Pretty sure they're apistogramma sp. steel blue, the potential hybrid...not too happy about that mislabeling and my carelessness when looking at them. I knew the blue spangling on the face wasn't right for borelli

So I looked more into the apistos I picked up and I knew they looked off for borelli. Pretty sure they're apistogramma sp. steel blue, the potential hybrid...not too happy about that mislabeling and my carelessness when looking at them. I knew the blue spangling on the face wasn't right for borelli

Pics? There have been a couple of rarely seen species that are similar to sp. Steel blue circulating in the last couple of months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433956711.127061.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433956734.957512.jpg

And some uaru pics!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433956758.283854.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433956778.009868.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433956795.288631.jpg

What do you think? Branches hanging? Or back down?

I like hanging down, gives it a really cool optical affect along with the downed stump.

Could be sp. Steelblue, but it kind of looks like sp. Wangenflecken.

I also see a problem with your pics, there is an empty tank in them.

I like them hanging also. And thanks for posting more pictures. Its been awfully boring in here lately. The Uaru look great.

I like everything I see! Don't see an empty tank though? ? Shellies right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys, I just know they're not borelli. I do like these two, lots of personality

The tank below are altolamprologus sp. sumbu white dwarf

Could be sp. Steelblue, but it kind of looks like sp. Wangenflecken.

I also see a problem with your pics, there is an empty tank in them.

Wangenflecken look awfully right for these guys!

Also scored a 100 gallon metaframe tank the other day!

Back
Top Bottom