Uaru updates!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude... what? !?!? Does it need a restoration? Thought you were broken these days haha? Trade your car for it:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dude... what? !?!? Does it need a restoration? Thought you were broken these days haha? Trade your car for it:p

Leaking bottom, it's being used for my bearded dragon. Paid $75 for it plus a cheap homemade stand

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So guys, what can I do to make this tank better? I'm thinking some almond or oak leaves, add some various branches and twigs and add back in some more of the rock so I can get some Java fern going more (I'm not liking how it looks tied to the driftwood). Should I swap out the rock for a more riverine type of rock (smoother) or keep it the more jagged type (Mog said smoother, but I kind of like the jagged). Anyone is free to give some advice on how to improve it. I just noticed it's mostly the cichlids regulars commenting on this post lol

I personally like the jagged rock, it fits in better and ties the look of the tank together.
A smooth rock would be at battle with the jagged and branchy form of the driftwood and wouldn't bring everything together IMO.
A leaf litter could easily work but I personally would think it would fit in best at the extreme left of the tank scattered near and around the end of the stump.
I don't know what to do with the plants, hopefully the others will drop in!

I stink at scapping.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would try some leopard val in there along the back, use some river rock around the base to keep planted. Java fern around the branches. You have the hardscape going, needs more flora imo. I understand it's a challenge with your stock but it's worth a shot! I got some killer vals from a dude on tpt, 24" tall and tons of it for short money.

I think I liked the branches laying on the substrate better than hanging from the top. From the top makes it have a U-shape, with the middle being a void. I like the idea of swapping all the jagged rocks for river stones, its more natural IMO. Some scattered leaf litter and strategically placed plants would finish it off perfectly, even if the plants are the fake silk ones.

Jesse

Vals! Ha! That's a good one brookster haha I watched my old female destroy about 2 dozen large bunches of 18-20" vals right down to the roots in about a week or two! These guys eat EVERYTHING!

I'm gonna head back down to my collecting site soon and see if I can find some good rocks or branches to add

Fine fine.. no vals... aponogetons?

Criniums and aps may work depending on the taste of them… I may have to give them a try, if they aren't too expensive

I think crinums would be best, even Africans don't really have a taste for them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could always send me a guinea pig lily lol

I will probably pick up some crinium bulbs soon

Freak! Went to my LFS today that had the amphi's I showed you, and someone traded in a single adult that's probably around 7". Biggest Uaru I've laid my eyes on first hand. Was going to snap a pic and realized my phone was at home. :(

Jesse

That's awesome!

Unfortunately mine appear to have inch....fantastic...upping the temp now

Funny enough, this one did as well. It was traded in along with a Severum that is absolutely COVERED in ich. I may drag my wife down there tomorrow, I'll snap a pic of the big guy for you if I do.

Jesse

So treatment is going well. Temp is up to 85F and everyone seems to be acting normal.

I'm so mad because I know the itch came from the apistos I added. I hate that fish store and never buy their fish, but liked these guys and thought "what the hell"....never again...

In other news, my regani is being s complete jerk to everyone as I type this. He may have to come out if this is how he's gonna be lol

How's everyone doing? Just saw some big uaru at the Boston aquarium!! Very cool

Back
Top Bottom