weird Behavior?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

n3wt

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have about 7 Africans in my 55g tank (mostly peacocks) that I've had for about a month now. I don't know much about their behavior and all but every once and a while they'll rub up on a rock or something else in my tank. I don't see any spots or anything so they don't have ICH or anything that I can see. I don't know if they just rub up on things because thats what they do or if it could be something that doesn't show on their scales or maybe something in the water that I should be worried about. I check my Ph, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels weekly and everything is normal so I'm stumped. Does anyone have a good history on Africans that can help?

Are they doing a little shimmy while they do this? If so, it is a sign of breeding behavior. My Africans do this quite a bit while breeding.

Ya they are, guess its mating season for them or something. Do you think they'll try to mate even though none of them are the same species?

As long as they are Africans, they will mate. They are not particular about if they are the same. We had an Acei breed with a Kenyi.

Back
Top Bottom