argh, stupid cheap heaters!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

packfan2204

Aquarium Advice Activist
Guess what happened today! I went to the fish store to buy more RO/DI water, came back and set my little cheap heater in there before plugging it in for a little while. Came back, plugged it in, not 5 minutes later, my dad starts yellin at me sayin there's a problem. I go back up and the heater is sparkin like crazy in the water! Didn't cost me much, only 10 bucks for the heater and 5 bucks for the 5 gallons of water i got, but still got me a little PO'd.

There is no substitute for quality when it comes to heaters...especially when they're in water that you might be putting your hands in. You might want to check out the Won Pro Heat heaters. They are excellent quality units with titanium heating tubes, remote temp sensors, and remote control units. Won also makes a less expensive glass tube heater that would probably work well to heat your stored water. The Won Pro Heat II's even have a digital temp readout on the control unit so you can check your water temp easily. I've replaced all the heaters on the customers tanks that I service with these and haven't had the first problem with any of them yet. Two other good glass tube heaters are the Visi Therms and the Ebo Jagers.

yeah i know, but i just payed tuiton, so i was just tryin to get my spare water heated for cheap, until i can afford some better stuff

10$ for a heater and youre suprised its sparking? HAHA. anyway, if you wana heat your water for cheap you fill up a tub of hot water and put your ro/di in a jug then put it in the tub, warms it up quicker than a heater.

Back
Top Bottom