Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is. The AI's are made by Ecotech. They are their cost effective version of LEDs. I'm out about $,1000 for Lights and mounting equipment. The Radions would have been in the $2,500+ range. The LFS did give me an Aussie Lobo for the inconvenience.

I didn't know Ecotech made AI. I ended up looking it up and it turns out they did have a merger with each other, but started off individually.

http://ecotechmarine.com/news/ecotech-marine-aqua-illumination-ai-announce-merger

But either way, those AI's are superb lights. I bet your excited to receive them!

I agree Dary. It is a day to day challenge to keep your tank thriving and battling any issues that arise. I also have much respect for those who have pristine systems. Especially if they have multiple tanks. I guess I'm a little jealous because my system is no where near pristine. But I'm hoping when I get everything moved over to my big tank things will be better.

I agree Dary. It is a day to day challenge to keep your tank thriving and battling any issues that arise. I also have much respect for those who have pristine systems. Especially if they have multiple tanks. I guess I'm a little jealous because my system is no where near pristine. But I'm hoping when I get everything moved over to my big tank things will be better.

It's such a unique hobby and to this day I'm just amazed that you can have a thriving marine reef in the middle of your living room complete with growing corals,fish and the likes,.. truly amazing (at least to me ) but I'm fascinated every time I board a jet too ! I guess the day it no longer becomes fascinating will be the day I bow out.
In regards to a pristine tank , I can not believe how much difference a few urchins have made in my tank in only a week ( thanks hank ) these little guys work their butts off cleaning up things

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0616.JPG here's a pretty cool thing I picked up a few weeks back ,... it's a little temperature controlled outlet that lets you plug both your heater and your cooler into it at the same time ,.it makes it really nice because instead of having a separate on /off controller on your cooler working and on you heater too ,this controls both of em so you never have both heater and cooler coming on at the same time ,....I wanted to see how it worked first before I reviewed it here but she's worked flawlessly so far ... it was about $60 +-

The tank is looking fantastic Dary. Gotta appreciate a large spread of star polyps!

The tank is looking fantastic Dary. Gotta appreciate a large spread of star polyps!

Thanks Paul,... the gsp started out as a little clump on a rock a few years back and has turned into a 18 inch long monster ... it's also has a few offspring in other sections of the tank too ,...I've always enjoyed the color and the ebb and flow
Greg,..a compliment from you is like Pete rose patting you on the back saying " nice hit "

Yesterday , once again I discovered that one of my hydro koralia powerheads were leaking voltage back into the tank and tripping its gfi outlet ,...luckily , I had a brand new spare one that I've since installed in its place and All's well again,...HOWEVER, I've had so many problems with these particular powerheads shorting out over the years that I'm convinced that I'm going to try another brand the next time around ,...the " eheim stream on powerheads " have caught my eye and I'm wondering if any of you guys are running them and what do you think of them ? The maxi jets or the jbj powerheads may be another option too,..any input will be appreciated ,.thanks ,Dary

When I upgraded my koralia, I went to Vortech. Not much help on this end.

I've got a mp40 on one side of the tank but have three smaller powerheads located on the other three corners , the most 40 will clog up every now and then but after a good cleaning its back up running ,..if money wasn't a issue I'd prob get another mp 40 for the other side of the tank but for now I just want a good solid no frills ,non leaking 7-24 365 days a year replacement ...it's kinda nice having a " scrap yard " that you can go into and salvage something from the past to help you out now

I hear you there. I'm currently trying to get the fitting on my sink so I can get the ro/di up and running again. The plastic fitting is stripped and it won't tighten. Tie that with none of my extra fittings or faucets will work. Sometimes you just need to shell out for something you know works. For me, I'm about to go to Lowes and get a new fixture that will fit my needs and please the wife all at the same time.

I hear you there. I'm currently trying to get the fitting on my sink so I can get the ro/di up and running again. The plastic fitting is stripped and it won't tighten. Tie that with none of my extra fittings or faucets will work. Sometimes you just need to shell out for something you know works. For me, I'm about to go to Lowes and get a new fixture that will fit my needs and please the wife all at the same time.

Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do .... and remember , if your wife's happy then you're happy :)-/)

I went ahead and ordered that eheim stream on powerhead that I mentioned earlier,... I'll replace the new hydro koralia that I just put in
with it when it comes in , at least that way I'll have a new spare for when the next koralia goes out ,... also a new gfo reactor is due on the porch sometime today ,..that's kinda got me a little excited

Back
Top Bottom