Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The urchins that I put into the system a few days ago have been an amazing thing to observe ,...it seems like they're like little street sweepers ,..the rock surfaces that they graze on look like the work of a sandblaster ,.. so far so good,...fingers still crossed. :-/

Dary, I did. I ordered 3 AquaIllumination Hydra 26 LED fixtures for my 180. Just waiting for them to come in. Really liked the AI Primes that I put on my 90 so I decided to convert it all. [emoji16]

Dary, I did. I ordered 3 AquaIllumination Hydra 26 LED fixtures for my 180. Just waiting for them to come in. Really liked the AI Primes that I put on my 90 so I decided to convert it all. [emoji16]

Good for you ! Nothing exciting like that on my end ,..I just ordered some more Hanna alk and ca regrant testing junk :-/

They're Totally new to me , it's going to be interesting to say the least ,...when are your new fixtures coming in ?

Well, they were supposed to be here last Thursday, so I guess when they get here. Hehe. I ordered through my lfs and they had trouble with their AI rep filling orders with any reliability, so they went to Ecotech directly because I am one of several customers currently waiting. I'm hoping this week while I'm off of work.

Gotcha ,..I hope they gave you a break on the price , I got a couple of the razor fixtures that I bought a couple of years ago ,... cost a bundle and I still don't use all the bells and whistles,.... this sure is a pricey hobby we chose huh ?

It is. The AI's are made by Ecotech. They are their cost effective version of LEDs. I'm out about $,1000 for Lights and mounting equipment. The Radions would have been in the $2,500+ range. The LFS did give me an Aussie Lobo for the inconvenience.

It is. The AI's are made by Ecotech. They are their cost effective version of LEDs. I'm out about $,1000 for Lights and mounting equipment. The Radions would have been in the $2,500+ range. The LFS did give me an Aussie Lobo for the inconvenience.

That's prob pretty much what the razors cost me too ,....as I've Said before ,...having a healthy established marine tank is is a real accomplishment in itself ,.. I have nothing but the upmost respect for those individuals who have succeeded ,.. not an easy task by any means , truly a day to day challenge !

That's prob pretty much what the razors cost me too ,....as I've Said before ,...having a healthy established marine tank is is a real accomplishment in itself ,.. I have nothing but the upmost respect for those individuals who have succeeded ,.. not an easy task by any means , truly a day to day challenge !

I know. I've actually asked my lfs about certain issues and sometimes it like "I'm not sure. These creatures have a mind of their own". Overall, my two reefs and my freshwater planted are thriving so I am really happy.

IMG_0591.jpg looks like the ol'algae scrubber is doing its work ,..too bad you couldn't find a use for this stuff

Kinda hate to put it back in the system when you've worked so hard to get it out in the first place :)

Back
Top Bottom