Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you all for your moral support with the pbt,...somehow I'll get this right and have it in the dt soon enough ,... I've always have had a thing for chalices and monti's , I may check out that hybrid monti on my next trip down at the lfs

Fingers crossed ? Dary that the new pbt will live a long and healthy life in your dt.[emoji226]

Me too,... I added a sponge to the QT tank that was used on my old mag12 for years so I'm sure that's filled with added bb,.. QT tank has ammonia free water and about a 75 % water change from before ,...my plan is to put the new pbt in the QT tank for a few days or a week or so and watch him closely with fingers crossed of course :-/ , I'll get it right one way or another !!!

Sorry for the loss. I've found it's easier to buy small specimens of tangs as they seem to adapt better than the big ones do. They can be deceptively difficult to raise long term.

Sorry for the loss. I've found it's easier to buy small specimens of tangs as they seem to adapt better than the big ones do. They can be deceptively difficult to raise long term.

Thanks greg. I had asked my lfs buddy to try and get me a small one if available for the same exact reason you stated ,I kinda think the same goes for corals , seems ( at least to me ) that growing a coral from a frag overall adapts to all your tank's quirks better than a large established one just tossed in from another world

Well things didn't quite go as planned this past week regarding reacquiring another powder blue tang ,. Mike my lfs buddy was unable to get what I needed this week due to issues at the shop , but let me know that he'd get me one this coming week for sure ,..I did pick up a couple of frags tho, a little bright orange zoa frag ,a ' superman' looking encrusting monti frag and a snazzy looking orange and pinkish looking chalice frag,... the QT tank is ready to go and awaits "mr blue"

Still all good news though.
The orange zoas all orange like the 'orange bam bans'?
Funny you say super man looking, I've been seeing montis labeled like that recently and no super man or even reverse super man.

Yes on the bams,... someday if and when all these new little frags take off I'll have a nice little jungle of chalices ,... more to come too I'm sure

I ordered some cool looking zoa frags this morning , I'm trying to get a new section of my tank into a zoa garden like Paul has mastered in his tank , also ordered another ricordia mushroom frag too, the yumas and ricordia's are my all time favorites and my little mushroom colony is doing very well these days .
I " should " get the new pbt Thursday if there's no hiccups along the way , I'm kinda nervous about this endeavor but somehow I'll get it done .
I'll also be checking for any new chalice frags that may have come in too. :)

New zoa frags! Good deal! Chalices can be pretty darn awesome as well, I just don't have the room for em. Looking forward to seeing everything you're adding!

Well , the powdered blue has to wait for yet another week or so,.. apparently,they have some sort of internal shop thing going on and the ' boss' didn't want to order any fish again this week,... I picked up a nice red monti capricornis and a little Yuma cluster for my efforts tho,... they asked me to call them early next week to see if the boss will let them push the button,.... meanwhile back at the ranch the QT tank is running and waiting :-/

Last edited:
Good things come to those who wait? I've dealt with a place like that before. Maybe they just haven't been making much doe lately. It does seem silly though knowing that it's already sold before ordering it. Did you offer paying in advance or do you not trust them that well?

They're prob the biggest ,best and oldest dealer out here , I think they had an issue with a few sick fish that were brought in and they're dealing with that issue in a couple of tanks before proceeding ahead ,.... very trustworthy establishment, they're just proceeding cautiously ,..no worries on my end .
They have lots of nice frags at very nice prices that keep me busy in the meantime

They're prob the biggest ,best and oldest dealer out here , I think they had an issue with a few sick fish that were brought in and they're dealing with that issue in a couple of tanks before proceeding ahead ,.... very trustworthy establishment, they're just proceeding cautiously ,..no worries on my end .
They have lots of nice frags at very nice prices that keep me busy in the meantime

Good to have a place like that locally. ?

I have a local lfs that I'm trying to build a relationship with. There is another guy that used to work for a local store and now he sells his corals out of his house. He has some rare corals but very expensive. Those are the only two places local to me other than Petco.

I have a local lfs that I'm trying to build a relationship with. There is another guy that used to work for a local store and now he sells his corals out of his house. He has some rare corals but very expensive. Those are the only two places local to me other than Petco.

That's exactly how the only LFS I deal with came along. A buddy of mine used to work for a very questionable LFS until getting fired for ordering stuff to try to better their systems. He started his own show in his house. Got ordered from suppliers, would order special request, coral grow out, the whole shebang. He now owns his own business and is who I get all my fish and reptile needs. It was a long journey but dedication, hard work, and furthering knowledge payed off. He too started off with prices that where a little high, but the product was quality. They don't have all the money backing them like the big box stores. I'm a firm believer in supporting locally ran stores like this over the big guys.

That's exactly how the only LFS I deal with came along. A buddy of mine used to work for a very questionable LFS until getting fired for ordering stuff to try to better their systems. He started his own show in his house. Got ordered from suppliers, would order special request, coral grow out, the whole shebang. He now owns his own business and is who I get all my fish and reptile needs. It was a long journey but dedication, hard work, and furthering knowledge payed off. He too started off with prices that where a little high, but the product was quality. They don't have all the money backing them like the big box stores. I'm a firm believer in supporting locally ran stores like this over the big guys.

Totally agree. Whether it's a cup of coffee or something for my tanks, I love supporting the little guys.

Your LFS owner sounds similar to mine. He has paid for his business through breeding/selling various geckos. A modern day Renaissance Man.

Back
Top Bottom