Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woohoo,..Just got a call from my lfs buddy that my powder blue tang is in and I'll pick it up tomorrow !!!

I wish i could find some reds and orange zoas even blue and purple everything I find lately are green , good news on your tang (y) charlie seems to like that hat !! looks good on him too.:D

Well it's been a wild and crazy day so far .. arrived at my lfs and got to see my PBT for the first time .., Mike my buddy got me a small one as I had hoped for and after a prolonged discussion on the pros and cons of QT tanks I decided to kinda go commando this time and introduce him into my dt after a prolonged drip acclimation ... Mike swears that this new product called hydroplex is the cats meow and that I should treat the tang before his introduction into the main tank ... so long story short , the pbt is in a little isolation chamber so the other reef creatures and he can get a good look at one another before I let him go all the way into the big tank... the fox face is very curious but the scopace tang at this point doesn't seem to care too much ... also got a couple of pictures of a couple of my new frags along with the tang ... fingers crossed !! Catfish Charlie thinks that all is cool as long as he has his hat :-/

Last edited:
That's exactly how the only LFS I deal with came along. A buddy of mine used to work for a very questionable LFS until getting fired for ordering stuff to try to better their systems. He started his own show in his house. Got ordered from suppliers, would order special request, coral grow out, the whole shebang. He now owns his own business and is who I get all my fish and reptile needs. It was a long journey but dedication, hard work, and furthering knowledge payed off. He too started off with prices that where a little high, but the product was quality. They don't have all the money backing them like the big box stores. I'm a firm believer in supporting locally ran stores like this over the big guys.

I agree Paul. The guy I deal with out if his house now has a website that you can order from or you can just shoot him an text message and make arrangements to go buy there and browse all of his stock. The lfs he used to work for did away with the aquatics section. That's how he ended up working out of his house. He has some really nice corals and some of the rare zoos that I love.

Well ., after being in his little isolation chamber for a few hours I opened the two doors and after some time he emerged into the main tank and there was no issues with the other fish for an hour or two.. the foxface kinda nudged him a bit here and there but nothing vicious really ..., out went the lights and at 2:30 am I was off to work wondering what I would come home to... all seems totally peaceful ...the pbt has staked out a little area by one of my Zoa colonies and seems content .. there's no longer any aggression with the foxface by the looks of thing ... overall at this point I'd say everything considered I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10 IMG_1487968020.034972.jpg

He's a nice one Dary. The corals look great also. I love the ricordia mushrooms. I have a couple in my tank. I want to get another ricordia Yuma. Just waiting to find one that I like.

Thank you barb,..yup , I've always have had a soft spot for the yumas and ricordias ,... I find them fascinating and gorgeous

Beautiful fish Dary. Have my fingers crossed for you. [emoji106]

Thanks Sean,...so far it's been really good,... not much sign of aggression on either end ,... I hung a little nori on a clip a little above his hide out and saw him come up a few times and take a nip or two from it, I also fed a little mysis yesterday and although the other fish ate 90 % of it he did take a little in too,... so far I'm happy

I'm Still in a little shock that all has gone so well with the introduction of the powder blue tang ,... across from the aquarium I have a web cam setup that I can ck on the tank while on vacation or at work ,... lately , I've adjusted it to watch "catfish Charlie" tear the place apart while I'm at work, in keeping with that same theme I ordered one of those new icecap submersible web cams for the tank , I have a feeling that might be a great tool also come vacation time ,...of course I'll give a full report on it when it final,y ships and gets up and running .

Can't wait to hear about it. I told you all would go well with the powder blue. You know what is going on in your system and what is going on, there isn't a need to be anxious about things that you know deep down are doable or not. Sometimes you just have to be able to listen to that voice that will tell you if you can or not.
As for catfish charlie, you don't crate him? I'm a big fan of it. Turns into a 'safe place' over time. Zoe goes and hides in there during thunderstorms. Most people don't do it right by getting as big of one as possible, but if there is too much 'roaming' room, you end up having a living area and a bathroom...

Hank,..yeah I know, sometimes I'm my own worst enemy,.. now I gotta figure out what to add next ,.. I'd like to try a yellow eye kole , but that may be pushing the tang like creatures for now.
The powder blue has been going off on the nori I've put out for him so at least in my mind I think he's settled in and content .
Thank goodness the grocery store had a big sale on nori the other day , I bought a bunch and at a great price

Back
Top Bottom