Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday we celebrated the " day at the docks" down at our work sight ,..it's a huge event which'll draw in aprox 20-30,000 people for the day,... There's fishing pens set up or the kids, numerous boat rides from our sport fishing fleet, seminars ,tackle representatives from all the biggies etc,..you get the idea.
For some reason, I'm always in charge of the information booth,.its kind of fun to get out of the shop and mingle with the folks ,we also hand out doggie bones to all the dogs that come on by just to let them know they're welcome too :)
This year the " day at the docks" landed on my 61st birthday,... Wow,! After my shift , my co worker Eric,my boss Robert and I walked over to our usual Sunday afternoon pizzeria to mingle with the girls and have a couple of beers,.. When we got to our usual table there was a large note taped to our table wishing me a happy birthday with a couple of frothy ones already poured,..one of my fishing buddy's call it in because she couldn't make it down that day but wanted us to have one on her.,,my girl friend Laura met us there and we had a blast,, the girls seem to really like us and comp'd us the whole bill...( big tip tho !!) long story short ,..it was a lonnnnnnng day and a long nite and ol'Dary 's moving a little slower this morning.,especially after my dog scruffy decided that we should go on a three mile walk at 4:30 am this morning to celebrate the occasion.
Today ,being Monday is my normal day for the pwc and aquarium clean up,... I'm sure it's going to take just a little longer to get organized and motivated enough to accomplish this event,...wish me luck the old man is rolling up his sleeves and away we go ....

Happy Birthday Dary! Glad you and the dogger got a nice walk in today, that's something me and my dog both could use lol. And the frothy cold ones sure sound good bout now. Hope your day was a great one as you deserve it.

Happy Birthday Dary! Glad you and the dogger got a nice walk in today, that's something me and my dog both could use lol. And the frothy cold ones sure sound good bout now. Hope your day was a great one as you deserve it.

Thank you Keith.,yes it was one of the best and I've had a lot of 'em to choose from too :-/ Pwc etc went well., just a little slower than usual :)

Happy belated birthday, Dary! Sounds like you had a great one. I'm 58 so not far behind you. Sorry I missed your day. Just bought a 265 off CL and trying to figure out what to do with it now that its in my garage. Not very good with plumbing but will sort it out. Unfortunately lost the fish I bought it for two days later. :(. But glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Happy belated birthday, Dary! Sounds like you had a great one. I'm 58 so not far behind you. Sorry I missed your day. Just bought a 265 off CL and trying to figure out what to do with it now that its in my garage. Not very good with plumbing but will sort it out. Unfortunately lost the fish I bought it for two days later. :(. But glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Thank you ,....wow a 265 ( gallons)?) There 's so much you can do with something that size,...sometimes I really wish I had a bigger tank but on the other hand a 135 gal is big enough for me to handle with all the extra stuff going on in life right now,.... Plumbing is actually one of the fun parts when setting up a new tank,...just take your time ,think everything out very carefully , cut everything just once and always go bigger than you think you need.,...enjoy the build !!!!

The local temperature out here in inland San Diego is approaching the mid 90's today with promises of tacking on another ten degrees tomorrow ,...ouch!!!!! Thank God that I bought a chiller last year ., it's times like these that you really appreciate a couple of purchases that you've made..an ATO and the chiller,IMO two the best investments a reefer can make if you live in sections that are notorious for high temperatures. ( of course air conditioning is great also if you run it 24-7 )
On a personal note ,..yesterday was spent at the hospital with my gf while she underwent a hernia operation,..the whole endeavor took longer than expected due to some sinus,congestion related problems,...she's home now,...not happy but home.
I also spent in excess of a $1000 this week on my van for struts etc,..so it looks like it'll be awhile before I add anything else to the aquarium,.... other than that all's well.

Here it's in the 40s in the morning, and in the 70s later in the day. Not bad, but I prefer it in the 90s.

This weather out here would dry up a lizard.... Just too hot and dry to be outside for very long during the heat of the day.. But., it is what it is... Tank staying stable temperature wise and beer staying cold., its all good !

I loved Vegas in summer. Love that blazing heat. It's very humid here in the summer and everyone complains....everyone except me, because I'm the only one that remembers the sub zero temps in the winter.....vividly.

I loved Vegas in summer. Love that blazing heat. It's very humid here in the summer and everyone complains....everyone except me, because I'm the only one that remembers the sub zero temps in the winter.....vividly.

You may have been bitten by a lizard when you were a child doug... I think you have lizard blood in you now lol...i gotta get my butt to hawaii to cool off

Yea I live in Vegas the summers here make it pretty close to impossible to run without a chiller or running ac all day lol

Back
Top Bottom