Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a better shot of the Red People Eater
1012485mediumpg5.jpg

Tank looks great ziggy. Can't believe how huge that RBTA has gotten. Hope mine stays small long enough for me to set up a larger tank. Your zoa garden is going to look really neat when they grow out. Can't wait to see how that looks.

i dont know if the frag i had of those RPE's survived the great algae bloom. But the ones i had were really vibrant, they should color up for you nicely.

Thanks everyone! The tank is slowly getting there. Growth is really starting to show but it is a slow process. All those giant colonies I had in the 72 I really miss!

Wow, I can't believe the size of your RBTA. It looks like it's going to take over the whole tank! Is there any way to control it's growth (not saying you'd necessarily want to, just curious if it's possible?)

Wow, I can't believe the size of your RBTA. It looks like it's going to take over the whole tank! Is there any way to control it's growth (not saying you'd necessarily want to, just curious if it's possible?)
I don't know about controlling the size or growth but it can be cut in half but I'm too chicken to do that. I'm going to let it split on it's own. It was a tiny thing when I got it...

This is what it looked like the day I got it home:
This was after acclimating and placed in my frag tank waiting for a spot in the reef.
1010037mediumzr4.jpg

Current shot of RBTA
1012478mediumdb2.jpg

It has definitely grown like crazy in my tank.

Looks awesome. Your tank and neilanh's make me want to have a saltwater more and more everyday even though I can't at the moment.

Well I've gone and done it....The opportunity to upgrade my lighting has presented itself and I bit the bullet and did it.

I'm now the proud owner of 2 250w Icecap ballasts. I'll be rebuilding the canopy on my tank and reworking my lighting setup. I've been looking at doing this since the upgrade and I probably even mentioned it a couple of times. Well I couldn't pass up the deal from a local reefer. I'll be picking up the new ballasts next week sometime and work will begin.

Ok, so I went out to Neilan's today to drop off a couple of corals and run to a couple different LFSs. As is the way one can't buy something without hounding the other into doing the same. I picked up the following. I haven't put them in the reef yet so the color is off as the lighting isn't as good in the frag system but here we go...

Blasto, Acan and Zoas
1012561mediumuw2.jpg

1012565mediumkw6.jpg

1012559mediumkf2.jpg

1012565mediumkw6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom