10 gallon Endlers Livebearers Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 10g with one male, four females, and 6 or 7 babies...standard color in the male, the rest are grey...

Last edited:
Tropical said:
I think I'd still like the nets to keep closer track of the fry.

I agree, they might get lost in the moss and you won't be able to see them

Endler's fry don't hide among moss, they swim all over the tank just like the bigger ones. I have a 30L that currently houses a few hundred mixed black bar and peacocks, most are fry/juvies. The tank also has a very thick growth of Najas indica, and duckweed that has to be thinned out every week or two because it completely covers the surface. They get fed once daily, either NLS Grow pellets or spirulina flake. Adults don't eat fry, which is why I occasionally scoop out a few netfuls and drop them into the tanks housing the Carapo and zebra knife fish. they breed/grow faster than I can sell them. I also have dozens of blonde endler's in another tank, they turned up among the crowd and I moved them to breed more blondes.

awesome! :) following..

what do you plan on doing with the fry?
i used to have 2 males in a 3 gallon. it didn't turn out too well but i really like them. good luck! :)

awesome! :) following..

what do you plan on doing with the fry?
i used to have 2 males in a 3 gallon. it didn't turn out too well but i really like them. good luck! :)

I think I'll sell them. There are a few local stores that buy them, and if anyone on AA is interested then I'd be willing to try and ship them.

No updates today. The water cleared up, it isn't cloudy anymore. I'm picking them up tomorrow, hopefully with some java moss and a breeder box. Still need new light bulbs and some more plants.

Hey guys, good news! I picked up the Endlers about 10 minutes ago, and they are acclimating now. The man selling them gave me a lot, and I mean A LOT! I will be having to rehome some of these guys soon. They are Class N, they can be traced back to Venezula. They appear to be mostly the black bar strain, although the man said he had seen a lot of variations appear, like the peacock strain. They are pretty cute, I'll post pictures soon.

Wow, the grand total comes to 32 fish!! I'm keeping 9. It seems like I have some fish to sell! Anyone who is interested can PM me, it may take a few weeks to quarantine and get shipping materials though.

I might have to send you a PM. I was at my new LFS I recently discovered and they have a planted endler tank with a bunch of females and fry and the owner said they weren't for sale and I was bummed.

Wow, the grand total comes to 32 fish!! I'm keeping 9. It seems like I have some fish to sell! Anyone who is interested can PM me, it may take a few weeks to quarantine and get shipping materials though.
i wish you lived closer to me...

Thanks! I'm excited to finally start this. I got a nice chunk of java moss with the endlers, but they have snails in them, so I'm going to try to find a way to fix that. I'm also going to look more into shipping and stuff like that. Here is the best picture I could get, they move quickly so it's hard to get a picture that isn't blurry.

Attachments

• endlers livebearers.jpg
    endlers livebearers.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 206
Most in this picture are females, the males are very brightly colored.

Back
Top Bottom