Albino Cories!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatureFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm getting three albino Cory cats next week! Yay! Is there anything I should know before I go get them? They will be in a planted tank with sand. I hope they breed so I can have little baby Cories! :) I am sure baby cories have to be the cutest fry ever! I have heard they are prone to a lot of not so great things but fingers crossed with the proper care mine won't get anything like what I've been hearing about. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432599225.423565.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What's in the tank with them? Mine love frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp as a treat but you should probably feed a very fresh diet if you want spawning.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

What's in the tank with them? Mine love frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp as a treat but you should probably feed a very fresh diet if you want spawning.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I plan to put nerites in there with them. Besides that I'm thinking of just doing a species only tank. How many cories do you think I could keep in a 10gal? I'm going to just do three for now but if they breed...well...you know how that goes. How do you carefully remove their eggs from glass, plants etc? I bought some freeze dried blood worms and brine shrimp and some algae discs a while back... Tbh I don't know if they are still good...what's the shelf life on those foods? I got them late last year.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Nerites may eat the eggs, it's not common but not unheard of either. You use a razor blade to pull off the eggs. In a ten, your cories would be happiest in a group of six, in which case you have a high chance of getting at least one M/F 'pair' of the group (not that they pair but you'd get a shot at both sexes), but I wouldn't stuff six in a ten. Could you get a twenty long?

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Nerites may eat the eggs, it's not common but not unheard of either. You use a razor blade to pull off the eggs. In a ten, your cories would be happiest in a group of six, in which case you have a high chance of getting at least one M/F 'pair' of the group (not that they pair but you'd get a shot at both sexes), but I wouldn't stuff six in a ten. Could you get a twenty long?

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

+1 on the tank size. Either a 20L or look at some of the habrosus or Pygmy Cory species out there.

Well isn't the Albino Cory a pygmy? Would 4 be ok in the ten? I can't get any more tanks and this is the tank needing to be stocked. I don't want them to be crowded though. 3 seems like a good number aside from the whole gender thing. But let me know if four will work.

No, it's an albino morph of the Paleatus

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I'm so confused now.

Are green cories and juli cories also not pygmys?

Nope.

Pygmys are C. Pygmaeus, C habrosus, and C hastatus

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Who sells those species? I can't find them...

What about octcinclus catfish? I probably spelled that wrong lol. I hear they are a hit or miss and that's why I was interested in getting Corydoras. I think the albino cories should be fine. I mean if they breed great, if not, thats fine. I will be picking out the cories so as long as I get the right sex it should be fine right?

Ottos need a very established tank as they eat almost only bio film and they are pretty sensitive fish.

I think you're best bet would be the dwarf/pygmy coreys like others have mentioned.

Wetspot has them for sale and they almost always also post them on aquabid as well as directly through their store.

If I get three cories and pick out two females and one male will that be suitable? I'm not a huge fan of the pygmy coloration.

Back
Top Bottom