Drip Acclimation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can someone REALLY explain drip acclimation to me, maybe with pictures or a video too? They way i've been doing it is standard float-bag acclimation...

this was actually a perfect drip acclimation. when i drip acclimate to brackish i fill halfway then drip acclimate till full. i dont pour out half because brackish fish are used to changes in salinity and its usually not a huge change but thats just me.

quick question, where can i get the valve thing he had? the one used to control the speed of the water coming out?

quick question, where can i get the valve thing he had? the one used to control the speed of the water coming out?

Not sure about that, I just tied a couple knots in the line and then adjusted the flow by tightening or loosening the knot(s).

i recomend the gang valves cause they can hang on to the container or tank

I use this method all the time. Its the easiest way to do it, imo. All you have to do is put the fish or whatever it is that needs acclimated into a contaioner, typically needs to be larger than a gallon, and get the air tube and stuff set up. Once you have it started you wait about 30 minutes so you can go do something else, and then after atleast 30 minutes you come back, and your fish are ready to be added to the tank.

mr.waffles1842 said:
i dont understand how the gang valve works. i bought one cuz it was cheap, but can u explain it to me?

Im not sure, I don't have one. I just tie note in the tubing to constrict water flow.

Back
Top Bottom