Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
So I got everything from my shopping list along with some additions/substitutions. I picked up my favia which is an Aussie purple and green 16 head frag. I also got a radioactive green favia, I was planning on black widow blasto but with the favia and BSP I have enough blue so I saw the nuclear green and substituted that for the blasto. All I am after now is the ultra green torch. I also got some garlic guard and NLS marine pellets along with an additional actinic bulb. I picked up some aiptasia x which seems to work awesome.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well my auto top off and wave maker arrived this week. Best news was that I won't be working out of town for a while so I can be home with the family and of course watch my tank lol. In the process of installing my ATo which is being a pain in the butt. Heating and bending brackets sux. Other than everything is looking good except my prism favia appears to be bleaching so I moved it and hopefully that helps. All other corals have shown growth and look happy including my other favia.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

So some updates, my app was acting up so wasn't able to update till now. Got my ATO installed and running which works great, looking forward to not manually topping off. I also did a 15g water change yesterday which included ripping out a bunch of hair algae. Pretty much got it all out, the toothbrush technique works well. My prism favia seems to be doing better but I still haven't seen feeder tentacles extended unlike my nuclear green favia which fires em out as soon as daylights go out. I've also found more aiptasia which I hit with aiptasia X. My candy came has split a couple new heads out with a third on its way. So far things are coming along nicely. As soon as I can I want a couple more pumps, one small powerhead to run blasting across the back of the tank and larger pump for my skimmer.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #54
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Sounds like things are going well! Im waiting for my ato to come in the mail. Is yours diy or what brand? I got a jbj setup.
Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

I ordered mine from autotopoff.com it seems to work well and didn't break the bank.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

I also forgot to mention something from the other night after I did my water change. As I was feeding the tank, I noticed movement under a rock. As I watched it turned out to be the mystery crab that came in on my LR. It's confirmed it's a porcelain crab. Though it did appear to be holding a couple small anemones one in each claw. It was cool to see it since its the first sighting after adding the rock about 2 months ago. On another note my prism favia seems to perking up, target feeding seems to help.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdpuffer
I also forgot to mention something from the other night after I did my water change. As I was feeding the tank, I noticed movement under a rock. As I watched it turned out to be the mystery crab that came in on my LR. It's confirmed it's a porcelain crab. Though it did appear to be holding a couple small anemones one in each claw. It was cool to see it since its the first sighting after adding the rock about 2 months ago. On another note my prism favia seems to perking up, target feeding seems to help.
You sure its not a pom pom crab
Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good call it is totally a Pom Pom. Where do the nems come from?
Old 05-25-2012, 12:17 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

So feeding the tank today and my prism favia finally showed interest in food. I have been dusting it with some liquid from thawing mysis in hopes of getting it interested and low and behold its paying off. Feeders came out and it actually took some food. All 16 heads too, yay.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice Addict

So all is going well in the tank, except the algae grrrrr. I need to get some GFO and am thinking a lettuce nudi. In the meantime I am hoping to get to the city this weekend and pick up a new powerhead for mixing and hopefully get my kole tang. Next week the LFS gets his order list so I'll see what he has available and hopefully get something else new to throw in. He doesn't have access to alot of coral but says he gets alot of fish so maybe I can get my bicolor blenny and perhaps a few more snails and peppermint shrimp. I'm also tossing around the idea of a firefish but that's up in the air still. That would put my stock at- 2 oscelleris clowns, 1 kole tang, 1 bicolor blenny, 1 cleaner shrimp, 3 emerald crabs, 1 Halloween hermit, 1 dwarf blue leg hermit and my elusive Pom Pom crab plus corals. Still waiting on my blue sympodium which has been delayed by a nudi attack. Once the colony recovers they will be fragging and then it's all mine. After that it's probably not going to change much till things grow in some and I can get a better idea on what else to add for coral. That will be all I add once the fish listed above are in. In the meantime I'm thinking of turning my 29g into a seahorse tank, thoughts and opinions?

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Rasp | Chemicals »