55g reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kdpuffer said:
I helped convince your brother to get one while I had my heart set on a kole tang. Then he convinced me to get one lol. Made more sense with a newer system to get something a little hardier. He is way more colorful too, love that fish!!!!

Ha! That is awesome! They are so stinkin hardy too..ive eard of them living through power outages and everything! This is a fish everyone should have if they have a big enough tank IMO:)

So today I some testing and all Params are looking good. The last couple days my blenny has been lethargic but I finally found that he likes spirulina enriched brine shrimp. He gobbled that up. My fox face has decimated the algae and after one week I am practically algae free. Other than that no real news to present.

We are going to open a thread "which foxface is better" and we will have a competition ;) cant believe you named yours todd as well! Lol :) looks great man :D

Thanks nunu, ya it's pretty funny. So some potential updates. I was on the local reef forum yesterday and came across some various frags for sale all sps so I am gonna grab some I think. I have always wanted some sps. Not sure on the types but if the sellers can't tell me then I'll be posting them for id. The plan is to head up and get them Friday, one I know the id of is purple birdsnest. Wanting to add some different colors than green.

kdpuffer said:
Thanks nunu, ya it's pretty funny. So some potential updates. I was on the local reef forum yesterday and came across some various frags for sale all sps so I am gonna grab some I think. I have always wanted some sps. Not sure on the types but if the sellers can't tell me then I'll be posting them for id. The plan is to head up and get them Friday, one I know the id of is purple birdsnest. Wanting to add some different colors than green.

Great man!!! Try to get a purple/red montipora! All reefs should have one IMO

kdpuffer said:
What kind of montipora? I have a green montipora cap and was thinking of getting a red one too.

One of the plating ones..i have one and am definitly going to get more

Ya I have the plating one that's the cap, the digitata is the branching one. I like the look of the monti caps in a tank.

Well I got my coral last night, got 5 frags. I got 1- purple milli, 1- orange/red milli, and three other types 1 that's purple, 1 that's bluish, 1 thats pink. I'll try and get some better pics of the unknowns to try and get an ID but in the meantime here's what they look like with some quick shots I took. If anyone cares to hazard a guess at the pink one and the two on the right side in the group photo please fire away.

Thanks guys, I can't seem to actually capture the color, the frustration of iPhone pics lol. They look so amazing in person. I'll try to get some better pics up this evening to help with ID.

Well as promised some better pics of the sps, my green monti cap made an appearance aswell. I know 2 of them are millipora (the second and last pictures) the other three I have no idea on, any help in ID'ing them would be awesome.

Link to a video of my tank, disregard the walk through. This video was shot for my dad who doesn't really have a clue about saltwater so it was kinda simplified and dumbed down for lack of better terms lol.

I love it man!! Ahha it was entertaining too!! Really really looks good. I love the rockwork, and those corals have such great colors in the video! I can only IMAGINE their colors in real life. All in all..that thing is a masterpiece!!

What fish is next?? Those clowns looks sweet! They really seem to like eachother, also that mushroom rock is a great piece!

I like the mushroom rock yet hate it, they keep dropping off and floating to other parts of the tank. The clowns are sweet I like the misbar. I don't think I'm going to add any fish unless I can find a purple firefish, also a mandarin but that will be a long time, gotta Reno my basement, get my 75g rr then get my sump going.

Back
Top Bottom