55g reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I have everything acclimating now and was drawn in by impulse. I got my fox face lo and he is a good size about 5 inches. I also got a starry blenny and some coral. I got green monti, blue clove polyps, and some zoas aswell as some carbon and GFO.

Alright as promised pics, the fox face has since colored up and then went back brown once I started placing coral- didn't get stung by him so that's a bonus. The green monti cap and starry blenny aswell as my zoas. The zoas are bright green center with yellow tentacles.

Allow me to introduce Tod. So far things are looking good, did get some aiptasia on the rock with the blue clove which I hit with aiptasia-x the starry blenny is so weird looking but I love him so cool- name suggestions? I was thinking Orion like the constellation of his belt.

Well it's morning and all is well, tod is colored up swimming around eating algae and as you can see in the pics there is lots of it lol. Orion the starry blenny is swimming all over and isn't as skittish as tod. Zoas are open and man they look nice, after some google action last night I believe they are radioactive zoas. The green monti cap is there not to sure if it's open yet as lights have been off but daylights will be on in a bit so we will see. The blue clove hasn't opened yet either which we will see what happens when daylights come on. I also found a couple of those little white starfish with it, asteria or whatever they are called. very happy with the new additions and after a water change and cleaning out my filter and tossing in some carbon and GFO hopefully I can keep the algae down especially with the new fish eating it. Also the fish eat prepared foods as I witnessed them feeding in the store prior to purchase.

For starters I gotta say it's lame that nunu and gboys thread was closed I really liked that thread. Anyways back on topic here are some pics I just took. The fox face and blenny are going hard on the algae and the corals are all open and look good.

Wait, you got 2 foxfaces?? Haha jk.

Any ideas in how to get rid of that algea? Maybe a few turbo snails :D

I'm gonna do water change today and remove a bunch and also add the gfo into the system, it's pretty bad eh lol

kdpuffer said:
I'm gonna do water change today and remove a bunch and also add the gfo into the system, it's pretty bad eh lol
Lol, it will be gone in a couple days tops! Im betting the fox is having a blast eating it and all the other goodies in the tank.

Speaking of him, how is he today? All bright and active?

He is bright and active, he has put a huge dent in the algae already. What an awesome fish, he still dekes behind rock when I approach the tank but comes right back out.

Well I did a big water change today, just shy of 20g which with rock displacement probably puts it as being close to 50%. I also. Leaned out the floss in my filter and added the GFO and replaced my carbon. I didn't do much in regards to algae removal just sucked up what was loose or in the sand. I want to monitor how much of an appetite the new fish have plus leaving some to graze on saves me buying seaweed to supplement with for the time being. The fox face didn't like the process but soon after I was done he was back out swimming and grazing. I also threw my mix powerhead in the tank on my third outlet of my wave maker (natural wave I believe is the brand) it adds some nice flow to the system and with the wave maker it turns on for every other cycle which is nice for random flow.

So apparently the fox face has an appetite for algae, holy smokes he has chewed it down. Pics for comparison, before and after- note the top of the mushroom rock on the left.

I helped convince your brother to get one while I had my heart set on a kole tang. Then he convinced me to get one lol. Made more sense with a newer system to get something a little hardier. He is way more colorful too, love that fish!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom