55g reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it man!! If you have a kole make sure your scape is very open and has alot of room! If you replaced thw kole with a foxface you could get a few ither fish! The foxface is cooler...:)

I know the fox face is cool, if I recall I was one of the ones trying to convince you to get one. If you look at my pics it is very open and all rock is arranged to allow access to all sides so the tang can swim anywhere. I could likely get other fish with a tang to but that's all I want for fish, more after having awesome coral.

It's actually kinda funny, my buddy has a foxface which is awesome but I wanted something different than him so I decided on a kole, now he is wanting a kole. I shake my fist at him lol.

Hondachico said:
I am also making a 55 gal do u have any updates on your tank?

Haven't really had any new additions in a couple weeks so nothing to update there. Everything is growing like weeds including the weeds(algae) my candy cane started as a three head and now has five with a sixth on its way. Feather dusters growing everywhere here are some pics of my coral. Only thing missing is my zoas as they are showing up really dark in the pic.

Looks really good! The rockwork is crazy, ibe never seen it done like that

Hondachico said:
U have ur candy cane in the sand?

Yes it's in the sand and actually seems happier there, it's grown more and has better color. It was stuck into a piece of rock and kept getting knocked down so I figured if it's on the bottom it can't get knocked down any further.

Gboy66 said:
Looks really good! The rockwork is crazy, ibe never seen it done like that

Thanks gboy, I wanted something different from the ruble pile or rock wall that was also fairly open so I can get a joke tang. This is what I came up with. The pile on the right is actually open underneath so it's a big cave for whoever wants to live in it.

kdpuffer said:
Yes it's in the sand and actually seems happier there, it's grown more and has better color. It was stuck into a piece of rock and kept getting knocked down so I figured if it's on the bottom it can't get knocked down any further.

What lights do you have?

Nunu I shake my fist in your general direction. After some thought I am getting a fox face lo, it's more colorful and alot tougher than a kole tang which is probably a good move. Plus it's poisonous how awesome lol.

Alright, so tonight I'm headed to the city shopping. I've lined up a fox face and am also getting a powerhead for my mix bucket. I have also tracked down some GFO so I can run that in my canister and hopefully get the algae under control. A trip to the LFS usually also includes an impulse buy so maybe I'll have something else to report later.

kdpuffer said:
Alright, so tonight I'm headed to the city shopping. I've lined up a fox face and am also getting a powerhead for my mix bucket. I have also tracked down some GFO so I can run that in my canister and hopefully get the algae under control. A trip to the LFS usually also includes an impulse buy so maybe I'll have something else to report later.

I hate when those impulse buys happen lol everytime I go to my lfs I always leave with something

Back
Top Bottom