55g reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gobies thrown around as a pretty common name like the dragonette for example is reffered to as a goby by many which it isn't

Not a whole lot of blue but I've never seen one in person

Edit* ... Also a chalk bass would be a nice blue addition

Not entirely sure what the deal is here but it appears like my nassarius snails are feeling frisky. I looked up and BAMB a ball of them.

kdpuffer said:
Not entirely sure what the deal is here but it appears like my nassarius snails are feeling frisky. I looked up and BAMB a ball of them.

Probably eating something, scrap food etc. Mine all camp out together, they all sleep in the same spot together. Really weird. I feed and they all coming crawling out of the sand under my toadstool like an army lol

Schism said:
Probably eating something, scrap food etc. Mine all camp out together, they all sleep in the same spot together. Really weird. I feed and they all coming crawling out of the sand under my toadstool like an army lol

I love how as soon as the food hits the water they're like a seal team and just start popping up out of no where lol

Normally I would agree but I haven't fed the tank in about a month other than phyto on like Tuesday. My vote still goes to orgy!!!!!

Well I got all my fish back in and it looks so lively again. Everyone is happy and eating well. I also think my clowns are turning black. I bought them and they were bright orange and just keep getting darker and darker. I had initially grown concerned as it started as black spots then spread out, hopefully they do turn fully black cause the blacks looks awesome. All I know about them is they are tank raised misbar oscelleris clowns so who knows what genes they carry.

So nothing New added to the tank but I did find some interesting things. First off on my torch it looks like part of the skeleton is flaking off, on closer inspection it moves!!!!!. I suspect it's a clam or something as it appears to have a mantle, it's usually open but closes when disturbed. The other find was some tiny little shrimp/lobster looking things. They are about an eighth of an inch long and transparent, they move very fast so I couldn't get a picture but they have a tail just like a shrimp/lobster.

Yeah I think your right, I'm just used to seeing them as tiny white dots on the glass. I looked up images and there are some that definitely fit the bill. I always wondered how a mandarin can stay fat and full on such tiny bugs, they ain't so tiny lol.

kdpuffer said:
Yeah I think your right, I'm just used to seeing them as tiny white dots on the glass. I looked up images and there are some that definitely fit the bill. I always wondered how a mandarin can stay fat and full on such tiny bugs, they ain't so tiny lol.

There are so many different types of pods, it's crazy! I think Mandarins prefer the smaller sperm-like Amphipods and such. And they eat so darn many, it's like us surviving on popcorn. We would have to eat 3000 kernels a day to live. I've often thought the same about the Copperband, how can a fish that big survive on pods alone? When I got mine, it was eating Mysis, and it still cleaned out my 180, in about a month! Luckily, I've got a fuge to steadily replenish, but there was a massive population reduction!
Best of luck with your tank, Kd. :)

Hey toby good to see ya around!

Yeah kd, that basically sums it up haha ^. Picky eaters for sure..were you thinking about getting one? I forget! Tank sounds like it is doing great bro

so i was just looking back through this thread and realized i havent added any pics in a while other than my torch coral. i will take some tonight after water change and upload them. while i was looking back i stumbled across the section asking for input on gobies and after another look that rainfords goby looks pretty sweet.

kdpuffer said:
so i was just looking back through this thread and realized i havent added any pics in a while other than my torch coral. i will take some tonight after water change and upload them. while i was looking back i stumbled across the section asking for input on gobies and after another look that rainfords goby looks pretty sweet.

Sweet man im excited!!

Is it you who has an engineer? I think its armyman that has an engineer. I forgot

Sweet man im excited!!

Is it you who has an engineer? I think its armyman that has an engineer. I forgot

no i dont have an engineer, but im guessing you would recommend it lol. yours is awesome. i want something small as i want to keep bioload to minimum. on another note i stumbled across something on the weekend that i started a thread about but was quickly buried in the ongoing "is this aiptasia" or "is this bad" battle for supremacy. as many of us know its a royal pain to capture the full color and magnificence of our corals in pictures to share with the world. well i stumbled across an aid in that department. while waiting to leave i was looking at my tank with my sunglasses on and noticed the colors to be very vivid, this was under actinics btw. so i then thought " i wonder how this would work on my iphone?" well long story short it worked awesome and ill add some comparison photos when i upload pics later.

Actually, sorta the opposite hahaha! I love mine..but he is stirring up my sand so much its really limiting coral placements.

Woah thats a sweet find! Im pumped for pics

Back
Top Bottom