55g reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
Actually, sorta the opposite hahaha! I love mine..but he is stirring up my sand so much its really limiting coral placements.

Woah thats a sweet find! Im pumped for pics

I know how you feel. My beloved rainford's goby keeps showering my acan lords with sand so I gotta shake em out almost daily :( lol

Mrc8858 said:
I know how you feel. My beloved rainford's goby keeps showering my acan lords with sand so I gotta shake em out almost daily :( lol

How do we fix this?? My goby doesnt so much shower..but burys full corals. Or, burys the rocks i was going to put corals on!! He has even killed corals by burying them...

I don't think we can unless you know how to train fish lol ;) as long as its on the sand bed its at their mercy haha

Mrc8858 said:
I don't think we can unless you know how to train fish lol ;) as long as its on the sand bed its at their mercy haha

Oh just wait, ive got an electric fish collar cookin' that'll do us aquarists wonders hahah.

But ya...it is sucky to say the least

Alright so here we go, this sunglasses trick only seems to work under actinics. Here is my GSP and candy cane. Ftr the GSP started about 1/4 diameter and the candy came started with 3 small heads. Now it's got 10!!!!!

My frogspawn and radioactive dragon eye zoas, frogspawn has grown by about 25% and the zoas have roughly doubled.

My nuclear green favia and fire and ice zoas. These zoas have endured hell. I killed a bunch trying to remove algae, then what was left I tried a peroxide dip on and killed half of them and they have now bounced back and are slightly larger than they were before I killed them back, they are starting to spread to the rock. My favia hasn't really grown much but it has split off new heads.

My Aussie favia and torch, the torch has recovered from the barnacle removal and the favia has split off new heads but hasn't really grown.

I have three koralias, I have two 1050's alternating and one 1400 on every other alternation/cycle. FYI I have a wavemaker and I have never had an issue with them turning backwards which seems to be a common issue.

Yea i have a 750 and a 1050 on each side but i want a little more current and since ur setup looks like mine i asked, without a wavemaker the koralia going backwards happened to me

I just woke up to one of my 1050's running backwards and it actually broke the grill and rubber bumper right off.

kdpuffer said:
I just woke up to one of my 1050's running backwards and it actually broke the grill and rubber bumper right off.

Did you call them to see what they would do for your troubles?

Well let me know cause after hearing all this I'm starting to question mine lol

Of my 5 Koralias, 2 of them will go in reverse. One of them did break the grill some as well. In reality, I don't worry about it at all. When you live in the middle of the forest, you have many blackouts/brownouts. It has become an annyoing second nature to just only slightly plug them back in until they return to the regular movement.

This is a common problem with koralias that i too personally have experienced. Email Hydor and they will send you 3 free grilles priority mail that will solve the reverse running. They are pretty speedy about it.

Well I emailed them so we will see what happens. I was gone all weekend and came home to one of my sps bleached out too.

Back
Top Bottom