Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
The citron goby is majorly stressed, he is still hiding in the back of the tank so I don't wanna rip apart the tank again. I didn't see it when I removed the rock though, I left only 1 rock in the tank and I hope he was in there.

I was planning on moving the candycane soon too. :-(

Find him??

You're kind of making me glad I got the cave transparent goby instead of the citron clown. The cave goby eats all of the food on the floor that nothing but my nassarius touch, so I'm happy with him. Hope all goes well with the citron, I'm sure he'll be fine.

The citron has calmed down, he's out and about as usual. Unfortunately, I still haven't seen the candy cane goby. I just fed the tank too, :-(

I'm hoping he'll turn up, he's just so tiny

You might still find the candy cane. I didn't see my cave transparent goby for 3 days, even when feeding garlic enriched krill, mysis, and pellets.

I'm sure he's just hiding, Carey. He is so tiny and was probably terrified when you had to break down the cube. He'll come around.

Speaking of brita filters, I don't think those would work. I have had a pur one in the kitchen and I tested the filtered water. While it tastes fine, I still get a .25 ammo reading (it's probably chloramines) and it does nothing to the awfully high pH of my tap water. And I agree it would be expensive in the long run.

Thanks for that. I'm still hoping, I really liked the little guy. :-( I just don't think he made it. Maybe he jumped into the back compartment, but he's so tiny I can't see if he's in there...

I was hoping to move him into the pico soon too.

On another note, I'm getting closer to getting a mandarin. I'm gonna go look tomorrow while I'm in Daytona. I know the store almost always has ORA ones. I'm def not gonna get a non prepared eating one.

I was so thinking that! lol I'll never find him in there if thats the case. And he isnt gonna grow much more so it's like the invisible fish. :-D

carey said:
Thanks for that. I'm still hoping, I really liked the little guy. :-( I just don't think he made it. Maybe he jumped into the back compartment, but he's so tiny I can't see if he's in there...

On another note, I'm getting closer to getting a mandarin. I'm gonna go look tomorrow while I'm in Daytona. I know the store almost always has ORA ones. I'm def not gonna get a non prepared eating one.

I'm sorry :( I hope he's ok too! I have a question...I went to the ORA sight and looked at pictures, but didn't read anything...does it stand for something?

carey said:

Carey, what store do you go to in Daytona?

I go to Poseidon on Nova road. :) they always have a great selection and never any dead fish. lol

Theres also a high end store on nova as well, they carry ORA fish and super expensive frags, just can't remember the name right5 now. I know the owner's name, A.D, but that's it.

have you tried oceans direct in longwood or fishy business? I found oceans to have some really neat stuff. I was there yesterday and saw a platinum clown and a pruple tang.

There's also petman on route 1 on south daytona, they have some neat stuff. They always have naked clownfish it seems, the ones with no stripes at all.

Where do you go?

I have only been to 3 stores around here. 2 in town, Aqualinks and my preferred store locally is Tanks-A-Lot. I have been to Aquatropics in Gainesville a couple times but they are way over priced. A Rio 2500 up there was 79.99, here in town 59.99. Crazy. I definitely have to chec out a couple of those places next time we take the kids to Daytona.

Yep, I have a doctors appt there today so it's a good excuse to go shopping! LOL

Just don't know what I'll be getting yet, hope they have some good stuff.

oops almost forgot, still no sign of the candycane goby. :-( In removing a $17 fish I probably killed a $20 fish. **sigh**

You may have to break down the tank again if you want to find him. The only fish I can get out of my 24 without a breakdown is my clownfish because he tries to eat my finger :/

Sarcothelia said:
You may have to break down the tank again if you want to find him. The only fish I can get out of my 24 without a breakdown is my clownfish because he tries to eat my finger :/

My black clowns literally jump into my net lol. I love those guys...

Back
Top Bottom