Epuerto's 55g corner build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Epuerto said:
ok just got back on im thinking about taking the coraline on a rock i have taking it out, scraping it in a bowl and turning of all the filters to try and spread it, i saw a vid on youtube worked beautifuly

This process isn't necessary. Just keep that rock in your tank and the corraline will spread on its own. I never had it added a corraline rock that I paid extra for btw lol, and now its all over and making its way on my glass. Just let nature take its course and its a lot less work for you lol

Those rocks look amazing, beautiful scape! (y)
And the cowrie - is it a snail? Does it grow big? Such a cool-looking guy.

I love your cowrie, I'm going to go look for one too now xD. I agree with ballin crew, all of my LR did not have coraline and its starting to spread like crazy. The LR hasn't even been in my tank for more than 3 weeks.

Thanks for the info guys I'm going to start doing 5 gallon pwcs until the alkalinity goes down that's what I read up

Well epuerto i can say i pretty much sat here and read this thread to get caught up on your build, mainly because ive just started a very similar one. Only difference is im 10 gals smaller and its a pent front.

my plan for my CUC is looking pretty similar to yours. I would recommend going for some clowns down the line when you get all these wacky numbers figured. Just curious i dont know if i missed it but what kind of sand did you use?? my friend has a tank that it took us weeks of mystery deaths and crazy numbers and it ended up the sand was wrecking havok did a swap for live sand and we leveled all the numbers. Will def keep following this thread ive been doing sw for sometime and this build is helping me alot for a corner build.

Clowns tend to ride out water issues pretty good. Helps to settle the tank a bit

i guess it is a good sign my cuc is still alive same with darwin the shrimp who has been in there from the beggining but i cannot get my alkalinity down at all any suggestions?

i did a water test ammonia-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-0
ph-8.2
does that mean my test strips are more inacurate than before? they said my ntrates where 20ppm so is my alkalinity test lying also? could i finally add a clown fish?

API KH/DH liquid test would work. There's also a Salifert KH/alkalinity test. I ordered mine online. Test strips are very inaccurate.

1Vampiregirl said:
API KH/DH liquid test would work. There's also a Salifert KH/alkalinity test. I ordered mine online. Test strips are very inaccurate.

Hey I noticed u said u were from Miami what lfs do you go to?

Beverly's pet center, All fish emporium and a couple of small ones around where I live. PM me if you want more info :)

Back
Top Bottom