Epuerto's 55g corner build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish my LFS would accept returns, it would give me more confident when buying a fish instead of panicking the whole time between buying and having them in my tank

ok took me a while to get this blurry picture of the deer cowrie cuz he is nocturnal so i scared him a bit by turning on the lights but he was nom nom nomming on my many diatoms tell me what u thing

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 92
nice cowrie. i dont know how people take great pictures of their tank, my pictures always suck. I am using a normal digital camera though so that might be the cause :)

ok my dang shrimp molted yet again!!!!!!!!!!!!! and my cowrie was eating the stuff on the glass last night but went into hiding again i wish he wasn't nocturnal

what is a good sand sifter or good sand detritus cleaner the diatoms are under control and dying out and i have coraline coming out to play

do we leave the shrimp's molted shell in the tank or should we take it out. I heard some people say that the animals would eat it to build up their calcium?

Either way, if it's in your filter the water wll break it down and add calcium that way. So really doesn't matter

ok just came back to my house and the tank is looking beautiful cept for the sand which is getting worse the 4 snails and the cowrie cleaned up alllll the diatoms but the sand bed is ridiculous and the coral polpys are much much bigger now also

ok just got back on im thinking about taking the coraline on a rock i have taking it out, scraping it in a bowl and turning of all the filters to try and spread it, i saw a vid on youtube worked beautifuly

here is a tank shot a shot of the cowrie out in the open and the coraline

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 69
i do not know i am still nervous guestion 2, my alkalinity which i just tested with my test strips is off the charts... more than 300ppm is that bad what could i do to change it why is it like that?

Back
Top Bottom