My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jlsardina said:
So I've been looking at different diagrams of sumps online and now I'm debating on doing away with the bio balls. What do you think?

Rubble or media trays will work better for you since you have a reef unless you plan on rinsing the bioballs every week

I rinse 50% weekly now. But my refugium has plenty of Rick in it now as well. Part of the reason I was considering dumping the bio balls and creating a larger refugium

IMHO I would nix the bio balls. If not cleaned regular they become a nitrate factory. If you have the live rock you shouldn't need the bio balls for anything.

Ibrahim said:
Agreed. You should make a media basket instead.

Ok. Thanks guys. I really wanted the media basket and a bigger refugium. I was tired of washing bio balls anyways. Lol

image-3994259854.jpg

Lol. My clownfish remind me of this... They look like they are hiding something in my torch

LOL That is good. :)

By the way, going to be attending our local clubs annual frag swap tomorrow. One of the speakers will be Marc from Melvs Reef. The subject of his talk will be sump construction and options. Looking forward to that one. :)

rdnelson99 said:
LOL That is good. :)

By the way, going to be attending our local clubs annual frag swap tomorrow. One of the speakers will be Marc from Melvs Reef. The subject of his talk will be sump construction and options. Looking forward to that one. :)

Take notes for me!!!

Uggg. My rockwork has been shifting lately. I think that my engineers have made so many different caves that it has upset everything. I guess in the near future I will be re doing the rockwork to save my corals from falling

Jlsardina said:
Uggg. My rockwork has been shifting lately. I think that my engineers have made so many different caves that it has upset everything. I guess in the near future I will be re doing the rockwork to save my corals from falling

One of the topics at the Frag meet yesterday was aquascaping by marc from melvesreef and another guy. Unfortunately I was so busy with the volunteer work I only caught bits and pieces of that talk and the one marc did on dumps. They had a couple hundred pounds of nice rock that they used and the drew a ticket out of a hat and gave it away when they finished. :)

Hey guys!

So I have a weird question. As you know I have a mated pair of coral banded shrimp. About 3 days ago I noticed the female had eggs again. Two days ago, I noticed they were both nowhere to be found. However, today I saw what looked like to be a molt. Still no sign though even with lights out. All my other shrimp are accounted for. Even my CUC. Water parameters are excellent. What's up with this? I've heard of other shrimp and small fish disappearing with a CBS, but never the other way around. Especially not both at the same time. Any ideas?

So I have been setting up another tank in my bedroom (125g) but I haven't been sure what I was going to do with it. It finished cycling and had trates. So- I figured I'd give Brightwell's new product a try. Wort thing that happens is I take the tank down and start over. It's called XPORT NO3. It's supposedly able to remove 20 ppm in a 120 gal tank per day and keep them out for a few months before needing to be replenished. I put it in today at 80ppm. Will test it in a day and see if it works. If it does, I may take a mushroom out of my 220 and see of their are any effects to it. I have the same LED's on the 125 as I have on the 220 and relatively the same flow and rock ratio so the experiment should be relatively close parameters for the mushroom. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Oh yeah- still haven't seen my bandeds yet. I'm gonna give it another day or so before I give up. My clean up crew is so good at its job that I would never be able to tell by now if they are gone :(

Well- saw my coral bandeds today. I'm guessing it was a mixture of eggs being dropped and molting.

Oh yes- almost forgot- the xport seems to be doing its job on the 125. Not 20 ppm gone a day- but it has dropped none the less.

Glad that the shrimp are out and alive.

Is that stuff single dose?

Back
Top Bottom