New Saltwater set up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guinness said:
Lol that's ok. Added 3 fish on Monday. A pair of Clarke clowns and a spotfin lion fish.

Really cool fish. I'm really pleased with them. ;-)

I really like that lionfish!! How big is he??

DanS180 said:
I'll have one whenever I get my 90g up n running lol

I recommend one there cool to watch especially when feeding times comes round.

He's only eating live food at the moment need to try and get him onto frozen food really.

Guinness said:
I recommend one there cool to watch especially when feeding times comes round.

He's only eating live food at the moment need to try and get him onto frozen food really.

Yeah that's a good idea.. could get pretty expensive in a short time lol

Fish are all doing well, the clowns love the frozen food while the spotfin lion fish likes the live ghost shrimp. What else could I put in with them? I'm after some ideas.

This is one of my ideas what do you think?

2x Clarke clowns
1x spotfin lion fish
1x flame angel
1x butterfly fish (not sure which one) quite like the saddleback!
Not sure what else I could put in.

Anyone got any ideas?

Make sure you get him off ghost shrimp, extended feeding of GS can cause deficiencies. Try getting ahold of some silversides

huma-huma said:
Make sure you get him off ghost shrimp, extended feeding of GS can cause deficiencies. Try getting ahold of some silversides

Live silversides or frozen? I'm having trouble getting him to eat frozen at the moment, I have tried frozen lance fish but he don't even look at it. Got any tips for me?

Black volitans are lovely.

Frozen. Just thaw them in tank water first. You gotta remember that lions are opportunistic eaters and can go several days in the wild without eating. That being said, simply wait him out, he will eat silversides after a few days. Its a method thats been used with great results

huma-huma said:
Frozen. Just thaw them in tank water first. You gotta remember that lions are opportunistic eaters and can go several days in the wild without eating. That being said, simply wait him out, he will eat silversides after a few days. Its a method thats been used with great results

Cool thanks for the tips I will give it a go. ;-)

Well I managed to get the vecton uv steriliser fitted today, wow it's a tight fit lol. New bulb fitted first of course.

Might be getting some corals at the weekend. And I'm thinking of ordering the pacific all blue 600mm led lights. £70 delivered brand new.

Tank is taking shape nicely.

Still haven't managed to find a skimmer that I can fit to the tank yet, it's going to be a pain in the butt!

Back
Top Bottom