New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IDK anything about Clams, but when I have seen them in people's tanks, they have been in the sand bed. I do believe the need high amounts of lighting. :)

Trust me, got the light covered... Lol.. 8 T-5 bulbs with individual reflectors... And I'm not a seafood person, so the clam is safe.

rdnelson99 said:
Of course if you are not going to eat him until later you might want to put him in the fridge.

I haven't forgotten the whole "What would you put in a 265g tank," with your response being "Water." LOL, just had ti share again! :)

Kio707 said:
Trust me, got the light covered... Lol.. 8 T-5 bulbs with individual reflectors... And I'm not a seafood person, so the clam is safe.

Great! Can't wait to see him opened up! What color will he be?

I haven't forgotten the whole "What would you put in a 265g tank," with your response being "Water." LOL, just had ti share again! :)

Sorry, now you know why the Principal and I were on a first name basis when I was in school. LOL I do the same thing in the middle of meetings with 20 or so people discussing project schedules and construction deadlines. Just can't resist. :)

Hammer coral in tank, green birds nest (1st SPS), clam, and clown.... Plus the wife said I can get a 125g if I sell 90g... Just don't wanna part with my 1st SW tank... :(

Last edited:
rdnelson99 said:
Sorry, now you know why the Principal and I were on a first name basis when I was in school. LOL I do the same thing in the middle of meetings with 20 or so people discussing project schedules and construction deadlines. Just can't resist. :)

Haha, it is funny though!

Kio707 said:
Hammer coral in tank, green birds nest (1st SPS), clam, and clown.... Plus the wife said I can get a 125g if I sell 90g... Just don't wanna part with my 1st SW tank... :(

Very nice! Everything looks great!

coffeetwitch said:
+1 on the everything looks great.

so are you gonna part with your 1st sw tank for bigger? and more options?

Idk... Gotta sleep on it. Would rather have 2 tanks.

redsea said:
Kio, are you upgrading because you want more Tangs?

Idk about Tangs... After losing 3, I'm good.. Lol... Just want other and more fish and corals...

Back
Top Bottom