New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quick update.... Mandarin is doing good, fox face is a pig, clown is all over the place, and hawk is bouncing from rock to rock... Lol... I'm happy everyone is doing good, it's a relief... Twitch- how's the angel????

Hopefully you can see the mandarin.... But I saw it take a pellet!!! Then the clown and fox face of course... Lol

Last edited:
Very nice! Beautiful fish. I'm working towards getting my new tank set up for a scooter that I'm thinking of adding a few months down the road. Mandarin's and scooters are just too awesome!

Kio707 said:
Quick update.... Mandarin is doing good, fox face is a pig, clown is all over the place, and hawk is bouncing from rock to rock... Lol... I'm happy everyone is doing good, it's a relief... Twitch- how's the angel????

Doing good as of this morning. Thanks for asking kio. I'm really glad to hear your mandarin is doing well.

I did more digging and asking about that nutramar. It's good food IF your mandarin will eat it. But if not then your boned. I just skimmed it before I hit reply but you saw your lil guy hit on a pellet? Thats great.

Kio707 said:
Hopefully you can see the mandarin.... But I saw it take a pellet!!! Then the clown and fox face of course... Lol

Very cool Mandarin! I can't believe I missed this, LOL. It must have happened today.

Jsmith79 said:
Don't you have a nem in there also? I thought they would eat mandarins.

I have a RBT... Hasn't messed with it and mandarin hangs out in the same area.

Mandarins are just slow in generally, so the nem can catch them fairly easily...as long as the nem is fed, and the mandarin doesnt get to close it will be fine

New additions... Hammer coral, green birds nest, d. Clam, b&w false, lawnmower bleenie, and serpent star...

Last edited:
Mandarins are just slow in generally, so the nem can catch them fairly easily...as long as the nem is fed, and the mandarin doesnt get to close it will be fine
well, not really.....an anemone will take in whatever touches it and worry about it later (J/K, anemones don't have brains), and mandarins know not to touch an anemone IMO/IME. a failing mandarin that is starving to death however, might bump into an anemone and become food.
it has nothing to do with the speed of the fish, or the fact that the anemone has a full "stomach".
love the serpent btw!

mr_X said:
well, not really.....an anemone will take in whatever touches it and worry about it later (J/K, anemones don't have brains), and mandarins know not to touch an anemone IMO/IME. a failing mandarin that is starving to death however, might bump into an anemone and become food.
it has nothing to do with the speed of the fish, or the fact that the anemone has a full "stomach".
love the serpent btw!

Thanks X.... When the dersa clam opens, I'll take another pic...

If I could butt in for just a second here.

Hey Mr. _X since you love to help people out, I have a good cause for you. There is a thread called "classroom setting up 10 gal. OT this afternoon". It is someone teaching a home school class. Some kids are young and some are high school age. I am trying to help them out as best I can but you could be a huge help to them. I think it is a cool way to teach kids. If you have time, check it out and give them a hand. I think the kids are posting most of the questions.

Back
Top Bottom