New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think A koralia 750 would be a good investment. Very adjustable as far as angles unlike the ones you have, :)

To be perfectly honest I would have koralias or aqueon powerheads all around. They are very adjustable, height and angle wise and no creatures can get sucked up into it, they have covers for the impellers. But thats just me. I would think 2 750's would be great in your tank. But if you don't have the cash you can just replace them one at a time.

I was looking at their ratings and it said to get the 1400 for 90 gal... Sound right?

Yep, sounds about right. I have the 1400's in my 125g and between them both they produce some serious flow. lol

would you like a pic of what one 1400 will do in less than 24 hours if mounted on the back of the tank and its pointed at the front of it?

im anxious to get a second one.

well the one thats in there now is a 750 with a 1400 empeller. its a 75 gallon tank.

img_1515263_0_b488277dc03b021a72a5eef9b7ec2d2e.jpg

i laughed a little when i woke up and found this.

Hmmmm, my PH 802's do a better flow. I have a different flow for the top. Just with all the LR I'm seeing flow issues... But maybe the 750's could work, do a wave effect. You can see my top flow in my profile pics.

and yes i still plan on getting a second 1400. it took almost 15 hours for it to move all that sand. i imagine that once i move it where it supposed to be and the rest of my rock it wont do that.

after seeing the difference between the 750 and changing to the 1400 impeller, i can definitely tell you that you wont be happy with the 750's the koralia evolutions are made to give you a wide soft flow. i can take more pics for you if you want. i can even move the pump to different locations. im off work today. dont know if it would help with your decision but i kinda wish i could have seen the differences before i bought what i did.

Mind moving it to the side and middle? LOL,... wanna see the flow where i would put them... I appreciate it.

img_1515315_0_4eb96f1b5153033c8f558b2a79396329.jpg

yes its on and pointed such that if i where to draw a line from its center it would contact the middle of the big rock on the right. no sand being kicked around at all.

all the surface agitation is gone too. well maybe the slightest bit but it could also be the canister filters i have doing that. do you want it pointed a particular direction?

Back
Top Bottom