started. stopped. STARTED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good to know.

In a 40b tank I've got a 750 and 1500 gph power head in the tank... plus a hob. Is this too much?

How longs has it been? Any other fish in the tank? You can try and target feed or nest him and put him in one of those breeding nests. Try and feed him there.

Just a thought.

Thanks! Going to try some other food as well. Netted him and still no dice. Its been about a week or so.

Numbers..... 1ppm ammonia ,0,0,1.025

ForumRunner_20130130_205735.jpg

I know with freshwater in an established tank fish can go for some time without eating.... but with a new saltwater tank and a young fish I'm pretty concerned

I know with freshwater in an established tank fish can go for some time without eating.... but with a new saltwater tank and a young fish I'm pretty concerned

I agree and does cause some reason for concern, I hope he pulls through and snaps out of it. Is he swimming around or still hiding?

I returned Bart. I'm not willing to have a fish die on me for lacking of eating. ;)

That was a few days ago. I watched the lfs feed the clowns and got two others instead. They are eating well in my tank. I also have a damsel/chromis. Blue green.

ForumRunner_20130202_103142.jpg

Today's numbers are .25,0,10,1.025.

Overall okay I'd say.. I'm out of water. Thusssssssssss time to go back to the store. Methinks coral time!

Just emailed a vendor and asked if they had any coupons I could use.... the answer: yes! Pretty stocked. Looking forward to placing this coral order.

Lol!!!! I over did it a tad. :) go big or go home right? Lol!!
I have a test kit. But no heater. My apartment tends to be really warm. I'd love more info on converting the hob!

I'm starting to lean away from the TV stand altogether. I found a lfs that has a 40b stand for 60. Its a lightweight metal stand of some sort. It has space underneath for a sump ;) how perfect. Lol.

Do you think I can wiggle by without the 305 (a sump will be a few months off)?

Lol me too! I shall look it up! Thank you my dear.

I would shy away from any metal stands...salt water and metal NOT friends, salt makes metal rust and I am sure you will be spilling water on stand. wood is a safer bet. And imo all metal stands are indeed wobbly as well. Do you have a local St Vincent/Goodwill...or some kind of donation/resale shop?

Sounds good to me. I'll pass on that rock then.

I think I like this scape. Going to order salt, a refractometer, and another power head tonight. I'll buy salt for the cycle Thursday. Going to be doing raw shrimp to cycle.

Nice placement

I would shy away from any metal stands...salt water and metal NOT friends, salt makes metal rust and I am sure you will be spilling water on stand. wood is a safer bet. And imo all metal stands are indeed wobbly as well. Do you have a local St Vincent/Goodwill...or some kind of donation/resale shop?

Good idea ... I didn't think of that. I'll be moving in about a year or so; I think that would be a good time to swap. Thanks!

Life has been hectic! I can't believe it has only been four days!

Couple of updates.

Current stock is: 2x clowns, 1 blue green chromis, and a false yellow tail damsel.

My large clown has a pimple like growth on him... not ich; but not sure what it is. :(

All of the coral is looking good except for my Goldie zoas, and my two favia. One of the favia and the goldies came in looking pretty rough. The seller, Glenn Black, has been awesome. His website is www.spikescorals.com the other favia I accidently bleached it looks like but he is recovering.

My Duncan and favia are both eating well as are the fish. Both montis are growing.

I can't get good pictures of the coral or fish but I'll keep trying.

My smaller clown, who liked to sleep near the 1500 gph power head, I found dead in the powerhead this morning. That brings the stock to one clown, damsel, and chromis.

Did a water change.

I also noticed my Rubbermaid container that I mix my salt in had a brown slime coating the walls. What's up with that?

Back
Top Bottom