Tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkpate

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so my ammonia is 0, pH is 7.6, NitrIte is 0, and NitrAte is 10. Is it good to go now as soon as I get the temp down? I was going to do a pwc to get the temp down faster so I can move the bettas in there. I ended up trying this stuff called BioZyme, and my tank was at these readings in a week. Jackpot! Thanks!

Maybe I will try on my 60gal. (Fishless Cycling) I am stuck in the Nitrite Spike and does'nt seem to be moving. It's been stuck there for over 2 weeks.. lol
My 10Gal cycled in 3 1/2 weeks (with fish).
I am bummed out... I can't wait to start stocking this thing..

I know exactly how you feel! LOL! I have been wanting to movemy bettas into the bigger tank for a while now! I found the BioZyme at a podunk store though lol. Can't you use some media from your 10G for your 60G? I used media from my aunts tank to cycle my 75G and it never really even went thru a cycle. Was just fine.

I would, but I am playing on the safe side right now. I have had my 10 Gal running Problem-Free (Knock on Wood) for about 2 months now. Before, I had two Beta's (Tank had separator) and they both died on me from a unknown bacteria. Of course, I had purchased and set-up this tank originally not knowing anything about fish keeping. So after their deaths, I joined this Forum, and became 100% more informed.
Long story short, I would not want to transfer over a parasite to the new Tank... I doubt there is still a parasite after 3 months of Clean & Maintained tank, but just playing it Safe...

I understand. I was having horrible ammonia problems in the smaller tank which I have my Black Ghost Knife in and the water was more dilluted in the 75G anyway. He was safer over there! And when I put him in, he was like a whole new fish! He is crazy happy now!

coolies on your quick luck.... seems like my 30g in the bedroom is taking forever to cycle. It is driving me crazy!

I know PSP semi-near me has the refrigerated bacteria stuff. Would also be a good excuse to stop by a friend of mine's place with a movie or two.... Hehehe always cool having two friends living by 2 different fish stores ;)

Lol! This stuff was not from a fridge. It is in a little yellow plastic jar and the smelly stuff inside is dry.

wow.... I have a pot scrubby I had from another tank floating around in the new tank, and old filter/media. The thing just seems stalled.... but good news is that I did see a few snails so something might be starting to happen :) At least their poop will help.... wow not often you can say poop and help in the same sentence.

I've tried the one bottle of quick start stuff, but hear the cooled down kind is better. Right now I am just wanting to get the thing up and running ;)

I used the BioZyme, kept my tank at about 90 deg, and used a pantyhose with gravel from the newly cycled 75G. There was some leftover fish food in there too. I hope your tank speeds up for you!

Back
Top Bottom