Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-04-2011, 02:15 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Auto cad programs are awesome fun and helpful

Old 08-04-2011, 04:06 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zparticle View Post
This turned out to be pretty inexpensive. I have to figure it out but it was under $150 U.S. easily.

Turned out awesome. 150.00 would turn into 1000.00 easily for me lol

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Activist

That's good looking. I'm in the process of building a little stand for my 20gallon tank. I keep finding myself looking at your builds. haha.

I do have a question though. Which type of polyurethane you used? Oil or water based. And is this stuff typically that expensive?
Old 08-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaE12 View Post
That's good looking. I'm in the process of building a little stand for my 20gallon tank. I keep finding myself looking at your builds. haha.

I do have a question though. Which type of polyurethane you used? Oil or water based. And is this stuff typically that expensive?
I use Minwax Fast-Drying Poly Clear Gloss. As for how expensive the materials are, yeah it's all expensive when you can't buy in bulk. You can of course go cheap but if I'm going to have something in my house for years I want it to look nice. Hope the pictures help you.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Turned out awesome. 150.00 would turn into 1000.00 easily for me lol
Yeah I had several left overs from the last project so this was cheaper than I expected. I'm working on the plans for an improved version of this stand. With the plans I'm including a marterials list with current prices and it looks like it will come in just over $200.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good gravy! It's taking longer to put together the plans and parts list than it took to build the frickin thing.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ugh! I just noticed that I miss-measured some stuff for the plans so I'm going to have to adjust all of the drawings, drag. Well at least I found it before I gave the plans to anyone.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zparticle
Ugh! I just noticed that I miss-measured some stuff for the plans so I'm going to have to adjust all of the drawings, drag. Well at least I found it before I gave the plans to anyone.
Good call cause if it's simple and easy to read and most of all works out in tge end it WILL make you money
Old 08-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay the site is up, so people can buy the plans. These plans are an improved version of the stand in this thread.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zparticle
Okay the site is up, so people can buy the plans. These plans are an improved version of the stand in this thread.
Great professional looking site well done and good luck

Tags
build, cabinet, tan, tank, tank cabinet

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com