Not quite so heavy duty tank cabinet build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I'm sure it would be super expensive. I have had a couple of requests now for help building tank cabinets so I think I'm going to put together a set of instructions on how to make one of these and post here on the site.

I think I can put it together in a way that will only require the person has a power drill. I'll let you know when I post it.

Thanks, maybe if I never have anything to do and want to waste alot of money, I'll try it. LOL

Instructions and pics for dummies would be awesome just in case :)

zparticle said:
Yeah I'm sure it would be super expensive. I have had a couple of requests now for help building tank cabinets so I think I'm going to put together a set of instructions on how to make one of these and post here on the site.

I think I can put it together in a way that will only require the person has a power drill. I'll let you know when I post it.

I sell my plans for 5$ it makes me an extra 30-50$ per week

Thanks, maybe if I never have anything to do and want to waste alot of money, I'll try it. LOL

Instructions and pics for dummies would be awesome just in case :)

This turned out to be pretty inexpensive. I have to figure it out but it was under $150 U.S. easily.

zparticle said:
I thought about that, I do have a paypal account I could use.

That's what I use and I ship the plans cheap cause it's one envolope or just email the scanned copy depends how they want it I use or local classifieds for now eBay is next

zparticle said:
The nice thing about going back and creating the plans for the build is I can see several places for improvement.

As a cabinet maker I don't start a project without plans I even map out the cuts on my plywood for next to no waste but your right always room for improvement

As a cabinet maker I don't start a project without plans I even map out the cuts on my plywood for next to no waste but your right always room for improvement

Well yeah, I started out just trying to use up some left overs and I'm no pro so winging it was my plan. :) Putting the plans together for others to use allows me to start out as if I hadn't had any left overs to use to begin with. Being able to look at it from a completely "how would I do this from scratch" point of view is a whole new thing.

Anyway kind of cool I found a neat little program called CadStd Lite that is making drawing the plans nice and simple. Although I have no ide what the right line styles are to use. :blink:

That's good looking. I'm in the process of building a little stand for my 20gallon tank. I keep finding myself looking at your builds. haha.

I do have a question though. Which type of polyurethane you used? Oil or water based. And is this stuff typically that expensive?

That's good looking. I'm in the process of building a little stand for my 20gallon tank. I keep finding myself looking at your builds. haha.

I do have a question though. Which type of polyurethane you used? Oil or water based. And is this stuff typically that expensive?

I use Minwax Fast-Drying Poly Clear Gloss. As for how expensive the materials are, yeah it's all expensive when you can't buy in bulk. You can of course go cheap but if I'm going to have something in my house for years I want it to look nice. Hope the pictures help you. :)

Turned out awesome. 150.00 would turn into 1000.00 easily for me lol

Yeah I had several left overs from the last project so this was cheaper than I expected. I'm working on the plans for an improved version of this stand. With the plans I'm including a marterials list with current prices and it looks like it will come in just over $200.

Ugh! I just noticed that I miss-measured some stuff for the plans so I'm going to have to adjust all of the drawings, drag. Well at least I found it before I gave the plans to anyone.

zparticle said:
Ugh! I just noticed that I miss-measured some stuff for the plans so I'm going to have to adjust all of the drawings, drag. Well at least I found it before I gave the plans to anyone.

Good call cause if it's simple and easy to read and most of all works out in tge end it WILL make you money

Back
Top Bottom