Flower photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly related question : does anyone have any advice for getting rid of 'volunteer' onion plants that come out of nowhere?

We'd thought we'd dug most of 'em up last year, yet it seems there are more this year. . . ideas?

More pics;

daff15tb.jpg

A daffodil cutting we've got in our kitchen window. (Love this new digi-cam! I have this pic @ a gigantic res and you're welcome to it - pm me)

hyac6006co.jpg

Hyacinths in the front yard.

I noticed some dogwoods were beggining to open on my way in this morning!

Some more pics. It's a magnolia bloom and a tiny blue weed my daughter found in the yard. :D

I know its not flowers, but this is a little spring/summer/fall :D visitor. He is eating all the birdseed, but I don't mind. I would rather feed the squirrels anyway.

Taken in Nashville last week.

The wild flowers was by the river bank... and the Johnny Jump Up's was in Centenial Park.

Spring is sooo close to hitting my little town, we are between two mountains, and my valley is the last to see most off the blooms!

Attachments

• wild_flowers_web_size.jpg
    wild_flowers_web_size.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 76
  • johnny_jump_ups_web_size.jpg
    johnny_jump_ups_web_size.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 72
Here are my lastest photos. Visitors to the yard/pond today. All the males garters are going mad looking for the girl(s). lol

Wild (non-venomous) Snakes are awesome - I grew up chasin and catchin Garters, Hog-nosed, Ribbons, etc. . .

I wish I wasn't in such an urban area; I haven't seen any in years now. ; \

Haha, we were out catching them today. Had to have our, "first snake of the season round" up in the yard. lol Our yard is heavy with garters. Always moving them out of the way when mowing (if we see them in time :? ) lol We love them and encourage them with plenty of low bushes and the ponds and such. Hog-nosed snakes are awesome. I'm to far north for them though.

Well its almost summertime here. Our spring last about 2-4weeks during Feb and March. Now it's running almost 100 and I've already got the ac on.Looks like its time for the 7 months of summer.

cJw said:
Wild (non-venomous) Snakes are awesome - I grew up chasin and catchin Garters, Hog-nosed, Ribbons, etc. . .

I wish I wasn't in such an urban area; I haven't seen any in years now. ; \

Hey, the venomous ones are awesome too! Our snakes are just starting to emerge....garters, bulls, hognose, rattlers....and where they are, I am.

Fluff : I wish I could come over and help; I do miss chasing garters so. :D
Too far north for hognosed snakes? I grew up in Michigan!? Perhaps we're not talking about the same snake. . . :heads to google:

Eastern Hognosed Snake
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10370_12145_12201-61207--,00.html

They puff out their necks as a defensive act and try to look frightening - almost like a cobra, which is very cool to a 12 year old who loves the woods. :p

Toirtis : You intentionally seek out rattlesnakes? That doesn't sound like too bright of an idea. :p

When threatened, hognose snakes puff up with air, flatten their necks and bodies, and hiss loudly. (This has led to local names like "puff adder" or "hissing viper.") If this act is unsuccessful, they will writhe about, excrete a foul smelling musk, and then turn over with mouth agape and lie still, as though dead

oh ick....
(sorry, not a snake person)
but it is interesting!

I know about hognosed snakes, I used to keep them years ago (western and eastern) but, we don't have them in my area. (perhaps other areas of WV are different) On our snake hunts I've been able to find of course garters and black rat snakes but also, ringnecks, eastern milk, black racers and a brown water snake. Not sure of species. We have a variety of snakes but not many are commonly seen. But anyway. Back to the spring time photos. I'm gonna go take some more pictures. :D

Hmm, slow bloom day since the storm last night took it's toll on the trees. But, here is some pics anyway. One is of my rhododendron and one of the buds on my maple tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom