So guys...and gals (of course!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xxwolfpackof1xx said:
@homedog that stinks im trying mmy best hopefully in 3weekks time il be ordering my base rock

Gee, that's gotta be pricey, I'm not ready to make the switch just yet... I've got to figure out freshwater first!

GoldfishNewbie said:
I'll add to ur rep k? haha :D Question for you city folk... when you refer to your "lfs" is there actually a store dedicated to aquariums, or its just like a pet store? :O

For me it is anywhere I can get the supplies ( Petsmart, Petco, "the fish store")

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
lol luckily the base rock is 2.95/lb and im only ordering 9-10lb for my first order so its not too bad

Ya, I guess that is pretty cheap. Maybe I'm not totally hopeless in making it to salt!

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
if i can you can the only killer is the light if you plan on growiin corals like i do

Oh geez. Lighting for freshwater plants is enough of a headache.

the 2 bulb fixture i need is 60 bucks and its only enough to grow soft corals imangine hard corals time to plan bnk robbery lol

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
the 2 bulb fixture i need is 60 bucks and its only enough to grow soft corals imangine hard corals time to plan bnk robbery lol

Lol. Ya, I think I'll stay on my side of the bridge until I get a job.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
lol bacteria dont need light thank god. im very frugal so any chance to save i try wich is why i love free shipping

Hey, we have the right to be! We only make so much, and there's no need to waste it.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
lol bacteria dont need light thank god. im very frugal so any chance to save i try wich is why i love free shipping

Sometimes it's better to splurge on the more important items...to me lighting is one of the more important things...but I totally get where you're comin from :)

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
lol i hear ya check out my journy into sw thread to see my plans so far

I've been partially following some of the saltwater threads. Yours is one of the most frequent ones I look at. I just get all confused once everybody starts talking sumps. I'm learning slowly, but right now, I'm still getting my toes wet when it comes to salt.

Ya sumps...I don't get for salt water...what I don't get freshwater wise is the CO2 reactor...

Joyler said:
Ya sumps...I don't get for salt water...what I don't get freshwater wise is the CO2 reactor...

Mine are CO2 and calculating light equations... Is it possible to be math dyslexic? Cause I may need to get that checked out... Lol.

Homedog98 said:
I've been partially following some of the saltwater threads. Yours is one of the most frequent ones I look at. I just get all confused once everybody starts talking sumps. I'm learning slowly, but right now, I'm still getting my toes wet when it comes to salt.

sumps n fuges i dont get at all

Back
Top Bottom