What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I did a 60 litre partial water change for my 14 year old synspilum :)

Attachments

• image-1958840938.jpg
    image-1958840938.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 114
Added water to 55g and a filter and a heater then added some decor. Rearranged the 125g some.. i just dont seem to have a vision of what i want this tank to look like and that bugs me so here is what i came up with after an hour .. still not happy with it yet.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130313_204136.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130313_204136.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 114
Added water to 55g and a filter and a heater then added some decor. Rearranged the 125g some.. i just dont seem to have a vision of what i want this tank to look like and that bugs me so here is what i came up with after an hour .. still not happy with it yet.

Never been a fan of the cichlid stones. IMO you should go for some pieces of slate stacked and staggered with a few pieces of manzanite driftwood.

I like the cichlid stones and use them. May I suggest something along the lines of what the above poster suggested. Use some other rocks, slate and driftwood. Hide the cichlid stones but use them as I believe they come in handy.

Here's my tank. I have about 12 cichlid stones. Bet you can't see many ;)

Also you'll notice the front is wide open for free swim and chasing :)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/46421-albums11717.html

Emptied my 10 gallon, moved the baby snails into a floating breeder box in my main tank, and dropped the filter into my main tank to stay wet. Then I went at the 10 gallon with vinegar and a razor blade and cleaned it up to start painting it. Then I realized that I don't actually have any silver paint like I thought I did, so I wasn't really able to finish it. I did get some metallic lavender lines done. Tomorrow I'm getting the silver paint to make some silver accents. Then I can do the white, let it dry and fill it up. Friday I'll be able to put the sand in and finish it off.

Never been a fan of the cichlid stones. IMO you should go for some pieces of slate stacked and staggered with a few pieces of manzanite driftwood.

+1 on the slate rock. My tank was only 30 gallons, but here is a video and some pics of my slate rock. The cichlids love it, it's inexpensive, and I think it would be kind of cool to mix with the cichlid stones and drift wood. I've already rehomed the fish because I learned about stunting.

http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums...E-A204-F3E64CC39222-1962-0000011BC2FB79E1.mp4

img_2384192_0_ab3a4f3600f934cab7049722ec6b1e1c.jpg

img_2384192_1_b0b60d2bdbbd4d5115163b5d86162210.jpg

It's not really something I did today but something I've been working on for a while and today and yesterday my fish responded! My gold saum has been pretty strict on cichlid flakes only, but id make sure to throw in some krill/blood worms/shrimp pellets in for a feeding daily even if he won't eat it. I'd end up scooping it out. Eventually he started eating it, probably realizing if he doesn't eat it, he doesn't eat a second feeding a day. Now he acts like he loves it! I actually will put a diff container up to my tank and whether its me imagining things or not, I give him the food he wiggles more for! Haha I love it!

Im planning on gettting more slate once the local stores start carrying it again which should be soon . I like the stones just liked them better in the 55g as i stavked them better imo.. i think i want plants for added color but know thats not gonna last so idk ill have to get motivated and inspired

Added a sponge filter to my 55. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be, plus the bubbles from it are pretty bad. I put a valve on the air line to regulate it some. I figured that this would work for any qt tank I might need to set up later.

Added the 9 Blue Tetras to the 72G. One was really hard to catch, and I feel bad, SUPER stressed.

Did a 30 gallon pwc on the 72G.

After seeing the Blue Tetras in the tank, I decided I have TOO many small fish
The link for the 72G is below.

I ran out of new pic space so I need to rearrange some pics and don't have time right now to add one more pic.

I will in a couple days.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/72g-fw-adventure-want-to-come-too-244848-6.html#post2372462

I think I will move my Pearl Gourami male in there and then see about maybe adding a couple of females. The huge blue Gourami is in there but I will be switching him from 72G to 37G. He hides in the back alot and never can see him. The Pearl Gourami would add a large bright focal point in the dark tank.

Last night my smaller Bolivian ram was following my finger all over the glass. It usually comes to greet me but it was really in to me last night. After the type of day I had at work today, I'm just gonna admire both tanks, so relaxing:)

A few days late but we started up a 10 gal for goldfish, and tomarrow I pick up my biocube to add to the circus....

A few days late but we started up a 10 gal for goldfish, and tomarrow I pick up my biocube to add to the circus....

What kind of goldfish in the 10 gallon? I don't think there is a type of goldfish that should be kept in a 10 gallon. I may be wrong.

Got my new dwarf petricolas in today added them to the tank.. then swapped my otos,cories, n gourami into the 55g need more fish or that tank now to and planning on adding a blue crayfish to the now empty 20g.. (well fish empty) .. added a pic of my nyererei showing off for his female.. couldnt resist

ForumRunner_20130314_164328.jpg

ForumRunner_20130314_164314.jpg

ForumRunner_20130314_164342.jpg

ForumRunner_20130314_164424.jpg

Back
Top Bottom