What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rescaped my shrimp tank ready for when the RCS get introduced!
Can't wait till they get into their new home... :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Had my guppy die on me:( Waiting for pregnant molly to release! Found that my possibly sick molly looks great today! Added more heat for the molly fry to come out. Took a couple pics of my gouramis. Fed them all. Lol

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

50% water change. Finished painting the room the tank is in. Finally the plastic comes off!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Found a dead farlowella catfish lodged in my driftwood.:( Just wish I would've notice it was missing sooner.

Got the 30g and 1g set up and cycling; still need to sort out a power supply for the 3g. Ordered new filters and a better test kit. Amazingly, I think my hubby may be coming around on the aquarium thing; he hasn't agreed to bookending the dining room in fish yet, but he's agreed to replacing the 3g in the living room with a 10g if I could keep the 30 alive for a year, and possibly a 29g coralife in my home office. He even said if we won the lottery, I could have a whole room devoted to my aquariums! Not sure that'll actually happen, but one can hope...

That was cool, but I can't help but think that the tank seemed shallow, despite its large footprint.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah it is pretty shallow. I think it's a tank more designed for growing corals.

Made some tentative arrangements for some new plants.

Watched my little babies, Celestial Pearl Danios , they are really growing, been using some fry food I can't recall the name of and it was given to me out of bulk and they are doing great with it. I will inquire so I'll know. I started doing 3 small feedings instead of two. Haven't had baby fish for quite awhile.

Beginning to get back to being happier about my stock levels/tanks again:)

Also giving some of it to my Angels and my new young Cardinals in the QT.

Got my Mystery snails from the mail yesterday and they doing great.

My betta died, I didn't even have him for two weeks. I'm really bummed, because I tried really hard to keep him alive. I think it was a combination if ich and ammonia poisoning. I didn't see the ich until yesterday and I didn't know what to do about it besides go and get some medicine and do water changes. He had a warranty that ends today, so I'm going to go and get a tank with a filter and a replacement betta. I'm just so sad :( my sister is helping cheer me up

My betta died, I didn't even have him for two weeks. I'm really bummed, because I tried really hard to keep him alive. I think it was a combination if ich and ammonia poisoning. I didn't see the ich until yesterday and I didn't know what to do about it besides go and get some medicine and do water changes. He had a warranty that ends today, so I'm going to go and get a tank with a filter and a replacement betta. I'm just so sad :( my sister is helping cheer me up

Awww I'm sorry to hear that:( My molly died yesterday of PTB and I was sad too. Good luck with the new one:)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Thanks, I got a bigger tank for him so I hope he makes it :)

I found some duckweed maybe I'll put it in the old bowl just to see how it lasts

Did a 30% wc,cleaned the filters added more sand & rearranged the 55 gallon tank.

Lozo_fish

Sorry to hear about your Betta. It is sad to lose a fish. The tank will be a big help to keep him properly, and well.

Just watching the fish a little and keep fattening up the baby fish I got last week. They are looking better.

Watched the Scarlet Badis and saw that they were eating. They are hunting / predators!!! Watching them made me realize how fast they could wipe out a tank of baby shrimp :eek: They would not work well in a shrimp tank if you wanted to raise shrimp.

Hunted down stray Downoi and replanted them.
BRfJ3jk.jpg

Just got the news that all of my RCS died, I think it might be because the top of the vase is tapered and they couldn't get enough oxygen. I'm really annoyed because I spent over $30 and lots of time on the shrimp and they all died.

I picked up a 1 gallon bowl for my sister's betta. It's better than what she has at the moment (a half-gallon bowl) but still not ideal.

Yesterday I set up my cousin's 3 gallon tank (with a filter) for her birthday and she loves it, she has a female betta in it who she named Sapphire.

My betta doesn't have a name yet, but he is in a 2.5 gallon tank with a filter. He is smaller than my other betta, but I think he is going to grow. Here is a picture of him, he was swimming out of the hole in the castle as I took the picture.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405870856.342327.jpg

Cloudy water in the 30g, the first noticeable sign that anything is going on in there! Part of my order from That Fish Place arrived yesterday, but my new testing kit is on back-order. It's only serving to remind me why I dislike testing with the dip-strips so much...

Back
Top Bottom