What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well had the inspiration to get er done and I now love my tank!!! The fish seem MUCH happier too. The plants are big and everywhere. I still have more to add but it was time to get out after an hour and a half of messing with it.

I moved the DW around just a little and gave them more swimming room. Pic soon.

60074-albums11380-picture67097.jpg

60074-albums11380-picture67099.jpg

Last edited:
Today I did my weekly PWC, took out the driftwood to scrub algae off it and rearranged all my java ferns. And I found a clump of dead moss behind the driftwood so I fished that out.

Put another root tab under one of the Amazon swords as it had a few leaves that were going brown - I think the first root tab I tried to plant under it a couple weeks back broke into bits whilst I was planting it, so I guess it didn't stay in the substrate.

Now waiting for some tubifex worms to defrost for the boys, and gonna check on the status of my lighting order (again!), as I'm itching to get the new lights up and running.

Winter there? Lol where do you live? It's summer here in Ontario so in not used to someone saying they live in -5 degrees winters (lucky you). The winter that just passed here was -30 so yeah lol

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??[/QUOTE]

Where are you in Ontario? I'm in Ottawa :)
Did 50% WC's on my 50, 20, 10, 3.5 and 2. Minor rescape on my 10, took out all the cabomba and moved my java fern on DW. Also discovered that my RCS have had babies, all kinds of tiny little guys everywhere :)

Fish are fun!! ???

Refills for my test kit arrived--hooray!--so I've got an accurate read on my nitrate/nitrite levels again. We'll see how close we are to being cycled in the morning...

Got my adopted oscar home today! He needs some tlc but he is settled into my 56 gallon for now. Hopefully I can upgrade him soon but at least its a gallon more than what he was in with more filtration. Also, upon returning home I realized not one but four snails survived being in a dry tank in my garage for 8 months. I didn't think any even survived the move.

ForumRunner_20140731_144338.jpg

There's Trogdor in his new home. My friend already called to check on him. I'm long term fish sitting as my friend is moving and can't have a tank over 10 gallons in his new place.

Night before last, I arrived home to find four additional fish had been put into my QT tank by my DD. My other 12 Cardinals and 2 Rainbow fish were ready to go into the 72G after 3 weeks. ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone gave her 4 fish, a Opaline Gourami, a Dwarf Gourami and 2 Bronze Cories. All fish she was interested in for her new 46G tank, but "bleep bleep" I was not happy. Not too happy about the 2 Gouramis together but they don't seem to bother each other. I had a Opaline Gourami and a Pearl Gourami and they were very peaceful together. Hoping hers are the same. She may leave me the Cories.

The Dwarf Gourami is breathing a little faster than I would like to see and all the other fish are fine and he is eating. I am a little concerned that my small fortune in fish could exposed to something from free fish! :facepalm:

Enjoying the 72G with the plants and need to get the fert tabs in there to see some very happy plants too. Going to do that now :)

It's kind of funny - I keep looking over and being shocked to see a big fish in my room. Until a week ago I had no fish, then I got a little baby betta, now I have the biggest fish I've ever had. I have a 2.5 gallon with a one inch fish and my 56 with a 9 incher. Makes me happy even if I have to reaquaint myself with filter noises -in my room no less. Haven't had a tank in my bedroom in about two years. I just keep watching him swim.

50% water change, topped off the AP system. Watched my pleco nom nom nom on the broccoli I dropped in.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey guys. Thus is my first post.

Just added a neon, 5 cherry barbs and two Corey's.
Plus this awesome Anubis on a lava ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406947276.182935.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406947294.874042.jpg rock.

Trudging the road to happy ... Aquarium Advice

Hey guys. Thus is my first post.

Just added a neon, 5 cherry barbs and two Corey's.
Plus this awesome Anubis on a lava View attachment 245217View attachment 245219 rock.

Welcome to the forum! Nice Anubias. BTW, your Neon is a schooling fish and would benefit from some friends, say 5 more in the future. They are beautiful fish.

Today I learnt that my neon tetras are not in fact dying, but were pale because we forgot to turn the light on today. Holy crap. It was a thread here from several years ago which I found on Google that let me calm down long enough to see their colour returning within minutes of turning the light on. I had no idea this was a normal thing for them. When I first got home I thought they were dying, or that something terrible had happened to the water quality!

Today I learnt that my neon tetras are not in fact dying, but were pale because we forgot to turn the light on today. Holy crap. It was a thread here from several years ago which I found on Google that let me calm down long enough to see their colour returning within minutes of turning the light on. I had no idea this was a normal thing for them. When I first got home I thought they were dying, or that something terrible had happened to the water quality!

Yup, it is a bit terrifying when you don't know that! You aren't the first,.... or second person to have that happen!!! (or the last!) Welcome!

Thanks Autumn. My neon is joining my school of cardinal tetras. Do he won't be alone. Plus I bought two neons and one didn't make it from the store. Not a good sign.

Oh forgot to mention.

DD got her new 46G bowfront from CL today, came complete tank setup, PLUS the stand which we didn't know about, so that was a happy surprise. And a huge bigger than softball size clump of Moss. Another nice surprise. It is in very good condition. 95% clean too. $75.

Took pics of my SW stuff you can see it in my "Something Saltwater" profile album.

Here is the thread, of a planted FW enthusiast, falling off the side of the tank and landing into the salty side, lol.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...-2-nano-column-tank-311680-3.html#post3006697

Yesterday I added about 30 Ferkka Stemma and Rosetta Fert tabs into my 72G and 6.6G tanks.

Thanks Autumn. My neon is joining my school of cardinal tetras. Do he won't be alone. Plus I bought two neons and one didn't make it from the store. Not a good sign.

Good he will have friends. Cardinals are one of my very favorites!

Sorry to hear the other Neon didn't make it.

After a long night at work (and a few hours out with my coworkers after) im about to do a small water change on my tanks and go to bed. Gotta get all the bits of food Trogdor missed / shredded but didn't eat. Oscars sure are messy eaters. I can't wait til Sunday when I will have the chance to go get him better food.

So I placed a piece of drift wood into my cray tank with an Anubias on it. My cray Richard chewed the leaves pretty good and ate a chunk of the rhizome. So I took it out and now I don't know what tank to put it in. I might just set up another 29 today): lol ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407090528.860001.jpg

So I placed a piece of drift wood into my cray tank with an Anubias on it. My cray Richard chewed the leaves pretty good and ate a chunk of the rhizome. So I took it out and now I don't know what tank to put it in. I might just set up another 29 today): lol View attachment 245483

LOL, bad cray! I saw mine crawl up the dw and start chopping away. I was wondering why perfectly good leaves were ending up stuck to my intake every day! I kinda just forgot how troublesome they can be.

So is there a new Cray tank yet???

Got the switch-things-up bug today.

Moved two Green Neons out of my 6.6G Edge tank and into the 12G Edge to be with the other Green Neons. When I bought them They were mistakenly called Sundanios Axlerodi Blue Neons. Since they were so small they looked about the same.

Now the 6.6G has 3 Scarlet Badis. 5 Chilis, Boraras brigittae And a few shrimp 2 Fire Red and a Brown colored Cherry and a pale one, left over from the last batch. The future stocking of this tank will be other Nano fish and no worries about the eating the shrimp part. If you want you can PM me any ideas for further stocking, or add it here ;)

The 12G Edge is the Blue Velvet Shrimp tank. There are Green Neons and 3 adult Celestial Pearl Danios, adding the 8 babies from the QT now! Well only found 7, unless one is hiding in the Crypts. Or two got into the net at the same time time, hmmmm. Since they swim pretty fast it is difficult for me to count them, and since it is a little jungle can't see that well anyway.

That empties 1 more tank of fish anyway, still has plants for now.

The 6.6G got a complete filter clean out and in the middle of trying to catch the Neons I moved rocks and DW and kicked up a ton of gunk. So changed 6 gallons of water, remove, add, remove, add, remove, add, and left off the sponge to clear up the tank a little faster. So I can see the need for a serious substrate cleaning pretty soon. Added extra Prime.

So tried to do this tank for the last year, as a minimal interference type thing to see if that would work for me. I would have to say it did not work out well for me.

Will be adding additional water testing to the schedule. Future shrimp tank breeding efforts will feature more structure in the process.

Have just 4 fish in the 16G, and decided to let them stay there to keep the bioload up for the filters.

Well that is enough for today I guess.

Wow you're so busy

I just fed the fish. Planning a PWC tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, autumn is quite busy.
I changed a 24 oz paintball tank today. I got 4 months out of it. When I was emptying it, I found that there was a ton of CO2 left in it even though the gauge read zero. Prolly could have gone a few more weeks on it.

Back
Top Bottom