Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #4091
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Try a sifter. I got one at the dollar store just for the fish tanks.

Look into maybe some Epsom salt treatment. You can try blanched peas. also.

You already checked your parameters. Check sooner than later, it could be too late!

He could just be resting too. Is he otherwise not acting normal?
Well I managed to get 4 snails out. The smallest is like the head of a needle. There are probably more though.

And I really wish I could check my params but my kit is still in shipping. I didn't have enough money for the ones at the stores near me. They all wanted 40 for the API master kit. I ordered one for 20 but the wait is killing me. I've been doing partial water changes once a week in each tank. I have lost a few shrimp though. I think they didn't successfully molt from what I could see.

And other than that my Betta has been mostly fine. He got trapped in a decoration a few days ago but he was fine after that. He always follows me around the tank so I'm wondering if he's just gotten used to me sitting on the couch and has decided to join me haha.

Oh, I also added Marimos to my 2 tanks today.

CephalopodCove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #4092

This is the kind of thing he's been doing. Laying in the plants and on the bottom. Though he'll dart up for air, swim around, and go back to laying somewhere...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130806_212924.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	190708

Old 08-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #4093
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CephalopodCove View Post
This is the kind of thing he's been doing. Laying in the plants and on the bottom. Though he'll dart up for air, swim around, and go back to laying somewhere...
Hmm, doesn't look too good. Defentally not normal
Old 08-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #4094

I'm gonna bring a water sample over to one of my LFS tomorrow. Just in case. He's been fine until today and the other fish in the tank are acting normal.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:22 AM   #4095
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Went to the fish store and saw some really cool glass tetras. Might look those up other than that added Stress Coat to my Betta Socrates tank. he was sick. Is doing a little but Better.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #4096
Elephant nose Finatic!

Another pwc on my bettas tank, hopefully it will help his fins heal up. Sadly re homed my bnp today i had her for two years I'll miss her.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #4097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Try a sifter. I got one at the dollar store just for the fish tanks.

Look into maybe some Epsom salt treatment. You can try blanched peas. also.

You already checked your parameters. Check sooner than later, it could be too late!

He could just be resting too. Is he otherwise not acting normal?
Is he eating mine did that before he died... wouldnt eat or anything .. i hope you can help yours
Old 08-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #4098

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
Is he eating mine did that before he died... wouldnt eat or anything .. i hope you can help yours
I fed him two days ago I believe and he ate as usual. He always goes after the tetra flakes and spits them out before he goes for his pellets though. When I get home tonight I'm grabbing a water sample, feeding them, and going to my LFS. I really hope he's going to be alright.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #4099
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Power went out at 7:40am and Im at work - called FPL & the bot said 1800 customers had no power & they are fixing the issues. It should be back by 9:40. They called me to updated me that half the customer had their power the other have till 11:50am.

I'm glad the wifey is at home & told her to get out the battery operated air pumps I use for fishing to keep the bait alive. To put new air hose line on & new bubble stone. 3 went in the 130g & 2 went in the 29cube. Ar 12:00 the lights went on and she counted all the little guys and everyone is alive. She said the clownfish after the power went out a few mins later were going to the surface, but none from the 130g. Crazy how fast the 29g cube can go wrong. Kudos for the wifey getting it done!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #4100
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
At the moment I'm just worrying a bit. We are having a heat wave and its really hot inside... thankfully I have few fish that don't thrive in very warm water. But I may drop some ice baggies in when I get home.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com