What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ordered a sponge filter, a 9.5" Finnex Stingray LED clip light, a 20 pound bag of Caribsea Black aqua soil, and 2 peices of driftwood to finally set up my apistogramma tank. I also ordered two squares of flame moss for my 55g.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Watched the end of a snail gobbling Assassin snail's breakfast. Then remembered to get my little Horned Nerite out of that tank, moved to the 12G.

Added a filter and Chaeto to the SW 6.6G Edge. Found the bristleworm peeking his head out but I couldn't get my plant tweezers in time before he retreated into the rock. I know they aren't bad per se but I don't want it in there. I even tried baiting it out. Added some shells for the Hermits.

Moved the little Aquafarm tank which just has plants and some snails, out of my doorway where the light comes in.

Added the little Peppered Cory into the tank where his friend were. His spot appears to be gone. He was happy to be reunited.

Moved the last container of misc plants out of a tub and into the Aquafarm tank. Dumped out a container of moss that had died. Did general clean up in an attempt to finally get the mess from the tank rescapes - cups, planting tongs, tubing heaters, air pumps, I just have one bucket of snails, I will be dumping into the algae vase, and into the AF I think. I hate to just kill them.

Put some sand from a emptied tank in the utility closet to dry out, its warm in there.

Found the tinyist Cory Habrosus dead in the Mr. Aqua shrimp tank. so only 3 left of 6. Not buying any more of them from that store.

Last edited:
Oh yes and found an amazing fish locally which I will probably stock into the 72G

And I am thinking of some Green Dragon plecos. This breeder has the brown ones, but I think the green or maybe even yellow might be pretty sweet.

Oh yes and found an amazing fish locally which I will probably stock into the 72G

And I am thinking of some Green Dragon plecos. This breeder has the brown ones, but I think the green or maybe even yellow might be pretty sweet.
Oooo you could breed the two types and get some cool hybrids!

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Odessa barbs are awesome! Love the colors on them.

Found several baby crypts, and other plants in my 40g which is running with plants, a pleco, an upside down cat, and two kuhli loaches. Also my African butterfly jumped during the night and I found him about 4.5 ft away. Looks like he landed on my bed first bc there are scales all over the bed which means I probably rolled onto him which in turn makes me feel super guilty about it

On a good note though my male apistogramma is showing off a lot and the female is starting to take intrest. I will probably leave them in this tank and put shrimp in the tank that I originally planned for them.

I got more endlers and a cat fish to accompany my other endlers and cory cat.

Attachments

• 1454859318939.jpg
    1454859318939.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 1454859331344.jpg
    1454859331344.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 61
Added a new light fixture to my planted tank. 30" Finnex 24/7:
M4RbvWah.jpg
Bm5kY5Eh.jpg
This is my first attempt at true carpet plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Removed most of the water sprite from my 55g as it was blocking the light from the aponogeton crispus

Just water changes. First water change since I set up the 40g!

3g betta
10g divided female betta sorority
10g freshwater community
40g red tailed shark
~Non aquatic~
20g gecko

Up that cory school to 6

I am working on that. I didn't want to add too many inches at once. I may get 2 little ones next time to build up. Cause I will get a couple of fancy guppies too at the next trip.

Looked at everything turned on the bubbles.
My red eared slider is eating again. He loves freeze dried brine shrimp
Bout it

50% WC & trimmed plants on the 46g. 20% WC on both 5g's, added Borneo Wild Shield to the shrimp 5g. Still running fish less cycle on the 4.6 ADA 45F, and Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long (ugh takes forever).

Found a dark brown shrimp in my Chocolate Cherry tank. Thank was good.

2 more feedings of Prazi food for the fish.

On the last leg of cleaning my fish tank mess, couldn't finish last night too tired!

There is a bit of wire mess from the extra 2 tanks that have water but aren't being used, need to work on smoothing out the jumble. Soooooo close though. Getting a little bit more done than I planned so it is taking longer for that reason too. Things are wiped down and cleaned up :)

I have one resin decoration which has Java Fern growing on it and I don't know what to do with it right now. It doesn't really fit anywhere. hmmmmm?!?

Looking at Rock Flower Anemones for the SW tank. Decided I need another shrimp and was shopping for Macroalgae options, seems some are "out of season", I guess being wintery there are less options than I would like.

Added my new bubble wall. And moved plants.

Aaand had a fish die.

Last edited by a moderator:
My driftwood, Finnex Stingray LED clip light, and Elite sponge filter came in the mail

Back
Top Bottom