Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #4961

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwalters View Post
One of my pristella tetras died today. Params are fine and everything else is doing perfect. It was one of the bigger ones so maybe it was old age. Who knows. Other than that, I just fed them and turned the lights on and off.
Trimmed anacharis, turned off the lights 2 hours ago, fed the loaches a night time wafer, sitting next to the tank right now watching the night life of the 20 long. Wish i could move the 20g to my room. For christmas im gonna set up a 55g in the place of the 20g, maybe then. Added some evaporated water and did a 10% wc.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:43 AM   #4962
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Went to friends house and my other friend that is her roomate has 2 Betta I gave her..... Was very disappointed in thier condition ... She's on vacation and said I could watch them for her so I took them with me ... I may try see if I ca have them back if she is unwilling to do more WC on thier tanks .. The ones color is aweful ... Her is before an after pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2067399096.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	204436

Before

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2807287100.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	204439

After

Old 10-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #4963
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

(Actually last night) trimmed the older leaves from the crypts and dwarf sag in my planted tank that have either BBA or a black form of Staghorn algae. Also trimmed the numerous runners from the broadleaf chain swords. They can be very invasive. 40% WC.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #4964
Aquarium Advice FINatic

50%wc on 20g and 29g and 100% WC on all Betta bowls exempt on two I just got last night I did a 50%wc
Old 10-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #4965
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Set up my "chunk of the backyard" tank. It's a normal tank that slopes up to land. I'll have a frog, some newts and/or salamanders, and a school of chili rasboras. It's going to be heavily planted both on and off land. The soil is natural dirt from outside with a few root tabs. I'll post a pic tomorrow or whenever it mostly clears up.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #4966

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant_Barbs_21 View Post
Set up my "chunk of the backyard" tank. It's a normal tank that slopes up to land. I'll have a frog, some newts and/or salamanders, and a school of chili rasboras. It's going to be heavily planted both on and off land. The soil is natural dirt from outside with a few root tabs. I'll post a pic tomorrow or whenever it mostly clears up.
Sounds cool make sure you get those pics in!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #4967

Quote:
Is it gonna be a biotope? What types newts and frogs
Old 10-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #4968
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post
Is it gonna be a biotope? What types newts and frogs
I'm not sure actually. I might literally take a chunk of the backyard literally though. So I would get eastern red-spotted newts, spring peeper frogs, and possibly change the rasboras for nh minnows. IMO that would be really cool. I'd have to check the laws on keeping those species in captivity though.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #4969

Quote:
I'm not sure actually. I might literally take a chunk of the backyard literally though. So I would get eastern red-spotted newts, spring peeper frogs, and possibly change the rasboras for nh minnows. IMO that would be really cool. I'd have to check the laws on keeping those species in captivity though.
Wait, is this inside?
Old 10-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #4970
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post
Wait, is this inside?
Lol yes but in a secluded room of which you cannot hear anywhere because it has sound proof doors. Maybe even then I'd get really annoyed by the peeping when I'm looking at my fish... lol.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com