75gal planted log (Pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha, good to know we have you creeping around watching our backs. Anyway, my ferts came in today. Hopefully my first foray into EI dosing won't result in massive algae attacks. hah

Well I bit the bullet today and bought my pressurized CO2 system. Got a 10lb tank, a Milwaukee Ma957 regulator, and 12ft of CO2 proof tubing from co2-canisters.com. The order came to $195 shipped. Finally done buying big stuff for this tank. hah

yeah, neons. and yes, I know angelfish generally eat neons, but they've shown zero interest in them for the past six months or so tat I've had the neons. hah

yay, my co2 tank and regulator came in today. Looks like next week I'll be calling some of the local welding shops to get quotes and heading over to Lowes to pick up some PVC for the reactor and visit with my former coworkers. :)

haha, yeah, if I can find any. So far the reddest things I have are sunset hygro, L. repens, and rotala indica, they all have a slight reddish tinge, but not as much as I want. :( hah

got my tank filled today and assembled my reactor. Now the real fun begins! My tank is now officially CO2 injected. Now to watch my plants shoot off and hopefully the algae that started forming will go away. *crosses fingers*

I'm happy as well. Now let's not forget that CO2 is not the "end all" solution to combating algae...lot's of other factors are at work as well. Keep this in mind and then send me your first born. :)

hah, well, yes, but I've been running high light without any CO2, and I've been dosing all my ferts. I've got Green spot algae and staghorn, both of which are often caused by low CO2 from my reading...Oh, I'm also getting some pearling now...not terribly heavy pearling, but I've got 2 or 3 streams of bubbles.

So I've been looking at the water movement in my tank, and I've noticed I seem to have some areas where I'm not getting much water movement. I have a Rena XP3 and you can see from my pics the position of the spraybar. The left side doesn't seem to be getting much water movement, and I know that can encourage algae and make distributing nutrients more difficult. Am I just being paranoid, or do you think I should invest in a powerhead or even another cannister filter to aid in water flow? I can get a cascade 1000 on big als for only $80, I already have the very same filter on my turtle tank, and I like it well enough....anyway, what do you guys think?

Yeah I would get something, I personally like the koralia powerheads, I think a #3 would work good for you.

Koralia's seem to be top of the line as far as powerheads go, but the price may trouble you. I personally have 3 different sizes of Maxijet ph's, and I've never had a problem with any of them.

Back
Top Bottom