Angel fish breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer23

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to breed angelfish in freshwater, i have a 29 gallon set up in its second week of cycle, the water is set to 82 degrees nd have a low flow of water filtration so its set to their condition. My question is how many should i buy at one time, i read that 6-8 angels are a good starter, any suggestion would be great, thank you

davy 1983 said:
you could only put two angels in a 29 gallon at the most.

Yea but then my odds of gettin a pair is really bad

You can buy more of them as juveniles, wait for a pair to form, and then sell of the others. Personally, I would just get 4 of them. You still have a pretty good chance of a pair forming and they will be ok for a bit longer in that tank waiting for a pair to form than 6-8 would be.

Yea I'd go with four as well. The odds are good to get a pair. Not to shoot you down but you know they take several months to breed. With that said, they are cool fish. I have a pair around 15 months old and they breed every three weeks.

somethingsfishy said:
Yea I'd go with four as well. The odds are good to get a pair. Not to shoot you down but you know they take several months to breed. With that said, they are cool fish. I have a pair around 15 months old and they breed every three weeks.

Yea i was gona do around 4 to 6 but everyone sayin four so ill try that out, nd i kno they will take some time to breed nd thats fine this is my fourth tank nd angels are my fav so i wanted to breed them bcuz i hear they are really cool to watch while breeding

Back
Top Bottom