10 Gallon bedside tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what a pain! I was looking forward to that moss, now it seems I'll just have to wait until my LFS has something interesting.

I've done the moss tied to plastic mesh thing before and it seems to help a lot if you take a needle or small hook and pull the moss out of each of the holes in the mesh to get it started.

jetajockey said:
I've done the moss tied to plastic mesh thing before and it seems to help a lot if you take a needle or small hook and pull the moss out of each of the holes in the mesh to get it started.

What kind of mesh do you guys use?

Took your advice and now it has brgun to represent a moss wall!
image-3212971594.jpg

Attachments

• image-3128208774.jpg
    image-3128208774.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 133
Here's a few more photos for your enjoyment and critique. For the past week I've been moving my hood lights to the front of the tank half way through the day to help my glossos.

I can't remember the name of the big bushy plant in the center. But last night I trimmed the top of it and attempted to transplant it into the back corner.

Attachments

• image-2968632110.jpg
    image-2968632110.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 135
  • image-1084625914.jpg
    image-1084625914.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 126
  • image-333841886.jpg
    image-333841886.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 119
  • image-1766335963.jpg
    image-1766335963.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 112
Thanks bates! I felt like I was cheatin the process because I really wanted to watch it sprout and grow from the beginning. But it sure looks nice now!

I love it. It looks great the moss wall makes a nice accent piece. And when the little baby tear looking things fill in it will be to cool lol

Bates1990 said:
Also is that middle plat going to grow out Lilly pads?

To be honest, I have no idea what the plant is. It was in an aquarium with a bunch of potted plants. It did come with a whole bunch of snail eggs hidden inside. So, I've resorted to calling it the snail plant.

Speaking of snails does anyone know how to take care of a snail infestation? I've resorted to just plucking them out of my tank

I purchased a couple of Assassin snails because I read they feed on snails. However, I've seen them around my other snails and they have no interest in eating them...

I've also heard that if you put a cucumber under a cup and leave it for a few days, the snails will collect under the cup. I've never tried it, but maybe someone has
more experience.

Thank you I'll try that. The only thing that I can think off is pulling them out or getting loaches

Im sure my assassin snails are helping with the infestation by eating the smaller snails that I can't see, but they seem to ignore the larger ones. So, I wouldn't count out that solution either.

Back
Top Bottom